Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, May 8, 2020

A Bird's Life

It was cloudy, windy and the rain eventually came in the late afternoon.  Mark was working in the woods.  I went to get a few groceries and after I got back and put the groceries away, I got my camera, found a folding chair in the basement and sat near the house between the fuel oil tank and the AC unit to take pictures of the birds.








I watched Mr. and Mrs. House finch for awhile at the feeder.  He was eating, she was not.  She was ruffling her feathers and chattering the whole time at him, but he ignored her.  I got tickled.  Reminded me of some human interactions I see along the way......not that I've ever been involved in, you understand!  0:-)    I should have made a recording. 







This downy woodpecker is a regular visitor, too.  I caught him flying to the feeder and flapping his wings until he got settled.








The brown thrasher flew under the feeders, grabbed a seed and took off  across the yard with it.



After the photo shoot, I went to my craft shed and did a bit of clean-up and worked on a small project.  Came into the house around 5:30 and started working on the puzzle while Mark ordered supper from Dominoes, took a shower and went to get the food.  Now we are watching TV.

Kind of a lazy day all together.

Praying you have a great weekend!  My daughter, Elisabeth and family, are planning to bring lunch on Sunday for Mother's Day.  That will be nice!

Thank You, LORD, for blessing me more than I deserve!

No comments: