Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, May 4, 2020

Veggie "Garden"

Today, I bought 2 tomato plants (Beef steak and sweet cherry) and 4 pepper plants (2 red and 2 yellow), potting soil and a 2x4x8 at Lowe's.



My clematis is still going strong!




The part I hate about cooking over a fire.


At least most of it came off with lots of elbow grease and a brillo pad.


These moon shots were taken at 6:44 p.m.  I took a couple zoomed in and one showing how small it actually looked.




What a beautiful day we had today!  The kids next door were playing in the water, even!  I don't think it was quite that warm, at least not for me! 

We ate supper (salad, baked sweet potato, and Mark had salmon) on the porch after Mark worked on my veggie planter and mowed the yard.  Once the sun went down it got chilly quickly!  We came in the house and worked on the puzzle we started last night, but didn't get very far.
You can see my half drum Mark fixed on a 2x4 cradle for my plants. 
Tomorrow I'm going to buy some mosquito repelling plants.

Salad of spring mix greens, cranberries, sunflower seeds, red pepper, croutons, cheese and Caesar dressing.

Had to light the citronella lamps tonight for the mosquitoes bothering Mark!

I did not sleep last night.  Went to bed at 1 and laid there tossing and turning until 3.  So I got back up and read.  Mark left for work at 7, so I laid down and slept some.  Got back up at 11 and went to Lowe's.  So, tonight, I'll be going to bed earlier than usual!  Hopefully I will sleep!

My brother, Joe, called me this afternoon.  He has been able to get out and about some on his foot that he had to have surgery on a month to 2 months ago.  He is wearing some sort of boot.  He wears out easily after going so long with not much activity since he could not be on his ankle at all!  But, the Lord has answered prayer on his behalf for sure!  Thank you for your prayers on his behalf!

Good night!  Thank You, LORD, for Your blessings throughout the day!

No comments: