Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Joy Is Not Canceled!

Ah!  What a blessing this song was to hear today!  A GREAT reminder that our God is in control and this pandemic did not take Him by surprise.  Our pastor, Bobby Smith, played this song before the message this evening on Facebook Live.  I had never heard of it before tonight.  Here are the lyrics:


by the Collingsworth Family

When life is put on hold
All our plans have canceled
Things have changed
Nothing feels the same
Disappointments fears and doubts
Go hand in hand and waves of war
Everywhere uncertainty 

But in the midst of chaos
In the midst of fear
There is something to remember
Yes there is something we all need
to hear 

Joy is not canceled
It still remains
Gods' goodness, kindness
His grace isn't running low
And He has not changed 

So when the trials and test they come
Darkness only hides the sun
And You can't seem to find Your way
No light of day
They never change they will endure
No matter what things look like
All around us 

In the midst of chaos
In the midst of fear
There is something to remember
Yes there is something we all need
to hear 

Joy is not canceled
It still remains
Gods' goodness, kindness
His grace isn't running low
And He has not changed
His power is still abundant
His mercies are still new
God's plans have not been canceled
He's fully in control
And everything that matter still remains
Yes everything that matter still remains


We may not understand the reason for the pandemic, but as Christians.......

".....we know that ALL THINGS work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to HIS purpose."  Romans 8:28



A few pictures of birds that I took today.  It was pretty chilly out today and a bit rainy, so I didn't go out.  I was out in the rain and cold yesterday and have had a headache most of the day and feel like I'm trying to get a cold.  I pray not!







My daughter, Jessica, got me listening to audiobooks.  I have really enjoyed the Christian fiction by Mesu Andrews.  I have listened to, "Love in a Broken Vessel," "Love Amid the Ashes," and next I will listen to, "In the Shadow of Jezebel."  I turn them on when I am working in the kitchen, doing a puzzle, or crafting.






Love in a Broken Vessel is about Hosea and his harlot wife, Omer.

Love Amid the Ashes is about Job.

In the Shadow of Jezebel is about Jezebel.

My daughter-in-love sent me the following gift for Mother's Day, besides the gift I received from Michael.  Thank you for the wonderful gift, Jessica!  It brought tears to my eyes!



Thank You, LORD, for Your blessings today!

No comments: