Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, May 7, 2020

More Birds

We saw a couple of different birds today, besides the regular ones we see day to day.

Indigo Bunting.  Mark saw this one and rushed into the house to grab the camera.



Brown Thrasher.  I saw this one on the driveway between the house and the neighbor's.



A few of the regular visitors.

Cow birds with a dove.



Cardinal


Nut hatcher


House finch


Nut hatcher



I stopped by the parsonage today to get some hanging pots, garden tools and some of the other stuff that was in the basement.  This is the current church sign that Calvin put up.


This is Mt. Vernon Church Road, off Gum Tree Rd.  Mark and I used to call it, "Paint Shaker Rd." because of how rough it was.  That is no longer true as it has been newly paved!


I had a rough night last night.  I think my IBS was working on me.  I was very nauseous and had to get up several times to visit the bathroom.  When I finally got to sleep, I slept until 11 a.m.  I had planned to stay on the recliner throughout the day, but I forgot that I had to go to Michael's to pick up an online order.  I told Mark we were going to eat TV dinners for our supper tonight since I wasn't feeling great.  I actually perked up a bit after I went to Michael's and the parsonage.  But, we still ate TV dinners.  Mark ate a larger dinner by Boston Market, but it wasn't much bigger than mine.

I have to say that this is the WORST Michelina's dinner I have ever eaten!  One piece of meat, very few peppers and hardly any liquid.


I started listening to this audiobook today.  I thought it was going to be about Jezebel, the wicked Queen.  But after listening for 2 hours, I really think it is about Jehosheba (Sheba), granddaughter of Jezebel, adopted daughter of Athaliah.   The story:   "Set in Israel in the days of Elisha and Jezebel, this story weaves a tale of powerful women, kingdom politics, and the protection and restoration of the rightful heir to the Throne of David."  Promises to be good from what I've heard so far!




It is pretty chilly this week.  Mark said there was a heavy frost this morning.  I'm glad all of my plants were on the porch!

That's it for me today.  It's about bed time!  Have a wonderful weekend!

Thank You, LORD, for the blessings of the day!

No comments: