Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, May 14, 2020

The Comfortable Friend

Not much going on this week.  I've had some stomach issues and it is still chilly outside.....nothing out of the ordinary.

I got this hand-stitched card and hand-decorated envelope from my daughter, Jessica, for Mother's Day.   Love the stitched flowers!  She told me I had to keep the card at least for a couple of days!  Little does she know that she will find it as she is sifting through all of my craft stuff after I'm gone!  ;)



Mark also gave me a card on Mother's Day with a sweet note that I wanted to share.  It read:

"I just wanted to take this time to say you are a wonderful mother.  I know this by the way your kids love you and respect you.  But not only a wonderful mother, but a wonderful wife as well.  You were to Tim, standing by him till the end, and you have been to me.  I don't deserve you.  I praise God for you!  You are a joy to be around and I still love my life God has given me with you.  May we continue to glorify Him and draw closer to Christ as we continue to draw closer together."

That brought tears to my eyes!  Thank you, my love, for those sweet words! ❤😘



I went to Ilene's this morning (Wednesday) and we went to Randy's, got lunch and brought it back to the house to eat.  I got Mark some supper while there.  After lunch, Ilene and I worked a 300 piece Thomas Kincade puzzle.

Ilene is my comfortable friend.  She is the friend that I love spending time with.  We don't have to be doing anything in particular, even nothing at all; I enjoy being with her.  We can talk, laugh, cry, reminisce.  We enjoy going thrifting (we don't do malls!), getting groceries together, or just sitting on the porch.  We pull weeds together.......it doesn't matter what we do or don't do, we are happy together.  We can disagree without our feelings being hurt.  We LOVE going out to eat!  We LOVE spending time with Carolyn McGrew! Aand we LOVE working on puzzles together!  I love her to pieces!


This is the puzzle we did today.


Asher got a hair cut today.  The older he gets, the ashier he looks when he first gets his hair cut!



Praying your week is going well!

Thank You, LORD, for Your blessings on me!

No comments: