Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, May 4, 2020

Entertainment Tonight

May 1
We entertained Mark's daughter, boyfriend Adam, Kayden and Jaxon for Jenifer's birthday.  After eating pizza and hoagies, we played UNO Attack and UNO Stacko.


May 2
We entertained Calvin and Sharon, and Bobby and Joy.  It will be sooooo nice when we can FINALLY invite the whole church to our woods!  I fixed BBQ chicken with skinless, boneless chicken thighs and made sugar free brownies (by Pillsbury and you would never guess they were sugar free!).  Our guests brought baked beans, pimento cheese sandwiches, fruit salad and chocolate for smores, which we were too full to eat!  The weather was much warmer than last week, so we chatted around the fire under the new shelter until 10 p.m.










May 3
Entertainment tonight - we entertained ourselves.  We started a 1000 piece puzzle, and played cards out on the deck.  But, we were also entertained with the bug zapper!

We got 95% sunblock shades for the end of the porch that the sun shines in during late day early evening.  They blocked the heat, too!  Makes a BIG difference!






And another month begins!  It is hard to believe 1/3 of the year is over already!

Thank You, LORD, for Your daily benefits!

Have a great week!

No comments: