Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Another Day in the Life

For whatever reason my Tylenol PM did not work last night!  It finally got to be so late (or early, actually) that I decided to just stay up so I wouldn't disturb Mark when I went to bed.  So, I was up ALL NIGHT!  However, I did manage to get quite a bit done on the puzzle Mark and I have been working on. 

When Mark got up for work, I took some tylenol because my ear was sore.  Not sure if I slept wrong on it the night before or why it was sore.  But, I laid down and slept for about 3 1/2 hours and got up to a slight headache, but my ear didn't hurt any longer.  The headache went away after a bit.

I spent some time cleaning up my e-mail, talking to Jessica about Ancestry stuff, added some colorful, inspirational items to my viewing area, and doing some creative team work over at O'Scraps today.


I was able to fill in some of the blanks and got some of the trees in today on our puzzle.



I was missing the sparkle from the Christmas tree lights, so I added a few of my favorite decorations to the shelf that sits near my chair in the living room.  I got all of the shaped bottles at Hobby Lobby one year when they were on clearance.  I added mini lights to them and they are so festive!  The one in the front with the tin shade is a mason jar.


My FAVORITE wintertime decoration is snowmen.  This beauty is a Jim Shore snowman, "Winter's Friend," that I found at a thrift store.  The price sticker on the bottom of it reads $28.  I probably paid $5 for it!  I have several Jim Shore pieces that I have found at the thrift store!  That is one of the things I miss about my thrifting is finding things like this!


Here's a close-up of the cute cat and some of the detail work.  I just LOVE Jim Shore's work!


Yesterday was so nice and sunny!  Today, the temperature was almost what it was yesterday but it was cloudy and dreary all day and COLD!  The lights you see in the background of this first picture is actually the sunset in the distance.



Mark took Piper for another walk in the woods after he got home from work.  I opted out today!  He ate some grapes before he went and that held him over for several hours.  When I did fix supper, I fixed him some fish and warmed up a leftover baked sweet potato.  I also fixed both of us a nice salad!


I fix his in a serving sized bowl compared to what I eat.  I had not fixed us a salad in over a week, maybe two, so it was YUMMY!  I love raspberry vinaigrette on mine!  With the egg sandwich I had for breakfast, however, the salad just didn't do it for me.  I ended up fixing both of us a chicken sandwich later.

And that wraps up my Tuesday, January 5th.  Praying you had a pleasant, unstressful day like I did!  Thank You, LORD, for each blessing of life!  Thank You, even for the trials that come my way to build up my faith and trust in You!

No comments: