Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, January 14, 2021

The New Grocery Shopping

Mark's COVID test came back positive but mine was negative.  Today he was feeling better, Thank You, LORD!

Because of this pandemic there is a new way to shop for groceries!  With the Food Lion app, I was able to order the groceries, select my time to pick up the groceries, pay a small service fee, wait for the text that tells me my groceries are ready and go to pick them up! When I got to the store, I called to let them know I was there, I opened the hatch to the back of my car and the store employee loaded the groceries.  I didn't have to leave my warm car.  I didn't have to spend time searching for what aisle in which my items were located!  I wasn't tempted to pick up something that wasn't on my list!  I love it!  You do the grocery shopping by sitting in the comfort of your home.....while you watch TV in your pajamas!  Now if I could figure out how to get the groceries put away while I sit in front of the TV in my pajamas!  ;-)



Mark's appetite has been off since he has been sick, especially since he lost his sense of smell.  But, along with feeling better today, he was also ready to eat.  He was craving a "juicy burger."  So while I was out to pick up the groceries, I stopped at Wendy's to get him a Dave's Double Cheeseburger.

The doctor told Mark to start taking 1000mg of Vitamin C, 5000u of Vitamin D, and 50mg of Zinc and also told me to do the same.  

Thanks for your prayers for Mark and I!  Keep them going!

No comments: