Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, January 3, 2021

The Clock, The Calendar, and The Christ

Sunday.  Woke up with a headache.  Took some meds and laid back down.  Thankfully we didn't have to leave the house today to go to church!  Mark woke me up about 15 minutes before the preaching started so I could get the computer set up to send it to the TV screen to watch.

At 12:30 we called in a food order to Dominos Pizza.  They delivered it around 1:00 I believe.

Mark worked in his office most of the day.  I did several things: 
worked on the puzzle, but didn't get very far, 
listened to an audiobook and finished a series,
listened to my daily Bible reading and devotion (something new I'm trying this year to let someone else pronounce all of the biblical names!),
worked on the computer some,
did some knitting,
did some reading,
cleaned up the kitchen,
and made Mark some tea to take to work.


So that I stay focused, I take notes during every sermon.  Being at home is no exception.  The title of Bobby's message, "The Clock, The Calendar, and The Christ."

1.  The Clock - represents the seconds, minutes, and hours of our lives.  God is not governed by the clock - yet He does everything on time......His time!  We can't buy more time, that's why we need to use our time wisely!  None of us knows how much time we have.  Our days are numbered by the Lord!  We need to redeem our time.....which means to buy up the opportunities we are given!  What time is it?  It's time to seek the Lord, if you are not a Christian!


2.  The Calendar - represents the days, months, and years of our lives.  Psalm 90:12 tells us to number our days.  This is not an enumeration of our days but an encouragement to make the most of the days the Lord has given to us!  If you woke up today, you must number this day for the Lord!  We need to stop our faithless, foolish and fearful living!  Apply your heart to godly wisdom and walk in faith with our Rock, our Light!


3.  The Christ - represents yesterday, today, and forever.  Hebrews 13:8 tells us that Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever!  He NEVER changes!  His promises in the Bible still ring true.  There truly IS a hell to shun and a heaven to gain!  Are you ready for FOREVER??


My lunch from Dominos......Fettuccine Alfredo and garlic knots.  There was barely enough chicken to be able to call it Chicken Fettuccine!




This is the new phone APP I downloaded to do my daily Bible "readings" with this year.  I did not like the voice of the man in the first square, "Daily Audio Bible."  I do like the lady's voice doing the Chronological readings.  She pronounces most of those biblical names different than I've ever heard!




This is the series of audiobooks I just finished listening to.  Suspense, intrigue, mystery with Christ being exalted throughout.  Love her books!


And that wraps the 3rd day of January up!  I pray you have a great work week!

No comments: