Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, January 18, 2021

Audio Books

My favorite way to "read" books now is to listen to them.  This year I have already listened to these books by Terri Blackstock:

 




I listen to them when I am doing chores, riding in the car, working on jig saw puzzles, showering, while Mark is watching TV (using ear buds), and while I'm doing work on the computer that I don't need to have a lot of concentration, like scrapbooking.  And, just like reading a book, if I get distracted I can back up and listen again.

Terri Blackstock writes Christian, suspense fiction.  I love her writings!  She certainly makes my chores (especially dishes) tolerable! 😉

I am even listening to my daily Bible readings this year using an app called Daily Audio Bible.  I'm listening to the Chronological sessions.

Mark went back to work today.  When he got home, he went to the woods for a couple of hours with Piper.  When he finally got in, got his shower and sat down in his recliner, he couldn't hold his eyes open!  I think he was in bed by 9:00!  I'm sure it will take several days to regain his energy after COVID.  Still no symptoms for me, thank You, LORD!

I got up at 10:30 this morning, after having woke up with a pretty terrible headache and taking some Tylenol and laying back down.  I just took it easy the rest of the day.  I worked in my checkbook, cleaned up some paper work and did some filing, worked on the kitchen, did some knitting, and worked some more on the puzzle.  It's coming along.



Mark hasn't felt like helping me with this one yet.  I think I'll probably start on the sky tomorrow.

Well, that's it for today!  Praying you have a wonderful week!

No comments: