Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, January 1, 2021

Happy New Year!

I hope you had a wonderful day 1 of the New Year!  Mark and I slept in until 9:30.  Mark and I went to breakfast after the dogs were taken care of and we were dressed.  After we came back we started a puzzle.  Mark took a break to watch football and I took a break to work on the computer.  At 3:30 I fed Asher and then started supper.  We ate at 5 and then I started working on the puzzle again.  Today was a cold, rainy day.  The temperature hung around 41 all day.  Now it is midnight and Mark is watching more football while I write this.  Ohio State just beat Clemson.

Our day in pictures.

Heading to breakfast.



After we turn all of the puzzle pieces over, we sort them into these trays.  It really does help in putting the puzzle together quicker.


This is the puzzle we are working on.


Our progress at our break.


Asher is all comfy on Mark's legs.


I got comfy with some hot tea!


Here are a few of the Christmas decorations.  The yule log decorations were from some trees Mark had cut down.  He drilled the holes for the candles.  Our Christmas tree was the top of a pine tree that fell during a storm.




I took some pictures of the rainy weather.

Can you guess what this is with rain drops on it?




These next pictures are of dripping rain from the deck roof into a puddle on the ground.  If you look closely you can see some of the drops and the drops from the splatter as they hit the puddle.






And, last but not least, this is how much Mark's hand has healed.  The scab from the entry wound in the palm of his hand is gone now.  He is supposed to go back to the doctor on Tuesday, hopefully for the last time!

Thanks for stopping by!  Praying the LORD blesses you with health and safety throughout the new year!

No comments: