Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, January 9, 2021

Let It Snow!

Hope you have had a great Saturday!  Mark, especially, has been under the weather for several days.  Not COVID, just his yearly sinus problems for this time of the year.  Today has been a touchy stomach day for me, eating only a slice of toast so far.

Several people are still under the weather at church, too, so the pastor will do the services online again.

Here are some photos from the last couple of days. 


Thursday, January 7th

I went out to find Mark some calendars to hang at work.  Normally every year you get several calendars from various sources.  But we haven't gotten not even one this year!  I found this planner at Big Lots and thought it was pretty spot on!  I loved raising my kids, but there WERE times when I didn't like them so much and needed some time away from them, if only for a couple of hours!  Do I have a witness?  :)   I didn't buy this.  No calendars at Dollar General or Dollar Tree.  Mark didn't want me to spend more than $3.  The cheapest ones at Walmart were $5.  They were $6 at Big Lots!  CVS had one for $13.  So, since I didn't find any, I made my own!



Here are some pictures from my feathered friends enjoying the peanut butter/bird seed covered pinecones I hung in the cedar tree.  Lots of them are eating the fallen seeds from the ground.

Titmouse


I think this is a female house finch.


Everyone knows who this beauty is!


Couple of pictures where I caught birds flying to and from the bird feeder.
Chickadee flying in to share with a male house finch.


Chickadee coming and female house finch going.


I didn't get a clear picture of this American Goldfinch (my first capture of one)!



Video




More pictures.
Titmouse


Chickadee and titmouse.




Let It Snow!!!
Friday, Jan. 8th
We finally got snow!  It was pretty wet, but the huge flakes were beautiful!  You can see some of the flakes and it was coming down so heavy at one time that it looks like the picture is a bit blurry or foggy.


The birds didn't mind the snow at all!



Video









I love this photo of the dove couple.  You can see bits of snow collected on them.


I think this might be a wren that was in the cedar tree.


These little paw prints belong to Asher.



Saturday, January 9th
And the snow was already melting away early this morning as soon as the sun came up!


By early afternoon, the snow was basically gone except for in the shaded areas.

I saw a bigger woodpecker at the feeder today, but I couldn't get zoomed in soon enough to get a picture.  It had a top not on it similar to a pileated woodpecker, but not red.  I'll have to keep a lookout for it to show up again!

Praying you have a wonderful Lord's day and new week!  Thanks for your prayers!

No comments: