Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Feathered Friends

Today I did a thing for my feathered friends.


I had some pinecones that I decided I would coat them with peanut butter and then dip them in birdseed.  It was messy!



And then I moved the Christmas tree that was still sitting on the porch in the stand out near the bird feeder.  I hung the pinecone ornaments on the cedar tree (I have called it a pine tree in previous posts, but it is cedar).  Last I saw, no birds had taken to their gift yet.  I am hoping it is warm tomorrow so I can sit out and watch.




The only birds I saw at the feeder today were chickadees and tit mouse (tit mice?  tit meeces to pieces?)




A close-up shot of one of the pinecones hanging in the cedar tree.



 

I guess today is all about food.....bird food and human food!

I opened a can of Campbell's Chicken with White and Wild rice for lunch today.  It gripes me that they can even put the word "chicken" in the title of the soup when you can barely find any!  But, I made it better by adding a piece of chicken that I had cooked last night.  It was good.




Since I didn't get enough chicken for lunch, I looked up a chicken chili recipe on the internet and found this one.  BOY OH BOY WAS IT GOOD!

I already had some chicken cooked, so it didn't take as long to cook as the recipe calls for.  Oh, and by the way, this is a crockpot recipe which makes it even better!

Ingredients

2 (14 oz.) cans diced tomatoes
2 (8 oz) cans tomato paste
2 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds)
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 large bell pepper, chopped
1 (14 oz) can corn or 1 bag frozen
1 (14 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. dried oregano or Italian blend
2 tsp. chili powder
1 T. ground cumin
1 T. minced garlic
4 oz. (1/2 block) of cream cheese

Directions

Add all ingredients (except cream cheese) into crockpot and stir to mix.  Cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3 hours.

Remove chicken and shred it.  Put it back in the crockpot with the cream cheese.  Mix well and let cook for another 15 minutes.  Enjoy!  It was YUMMY!

Serve topped with fresh cilantro, shredded cheese, or crackers.  Cover and store leftovers in the fridge for a week.

Definitely has a southwest flavor!  I served garlic bread with it.



Please pray for our pastor who has been sick with a stomach virus for quite awhile now.  He was not able to preach tonight!  He did get confirmation that it is not COVID, thank the LORD!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: