Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Birds Of A Feather

Another busy day.  Left this morning for High Point.  First stop was Hardee's for some biscuit and gravy.  However, when I parked and looked in my purse for my wallet.....no wallet!  RATS!  Back to the house I went!  Just barely made it back in time to be able to order breakfast.

Next I went to Walmart to see about getting some bamboo shades for the porch.  However, they don't have them in the store.  You have to order them on line.  RATS!  Well, I decided to look around the garden area and bought a deep purple clematis to plant in the front by my welcome sign.

Next I went to a Goodwill and found some things.  Then I went to Food Lion for some groceries.  I dropped some of the drinks off to Mark at work.  Then I went to CVS to get the amoxicillin prescribed to me for the inplant surgery I am having on Friday.

I got home around 2:45.  I texted Mark to see if he planned to eat as soon as he got home at 3:30.  Since he was, I cooked some chicken for our salads.  It was so nice outside that we ate on the porch.  After eating he worked on the trench, washed some of the mud from the 4-wheelers, cut a board for me for my shed, swept up Piper's area in the basement.  I cleaned up the kitchen, installed the board in the shed, planted the clematis, carried some things to the shed that I bought today. 

After his shower we both sat on the porch to relax and enjoy the beautiful evening.  I took bird pictures while he looked at a magazine and read his Bible.

Eating supper on the porch.

Here are the 2 sets of drawers I needed a top for that Mark cut for me.

Here's the top installed!  Looks GREAT!

I put my Sizzix machines and dies on it.

I bought this pedestal for the birdbath.  I plan to do some paint pouring on it.

I added some lights to the ceiling of the porch so we could enjoy sitting out in the evening.

It wasn't quite dark yet, but the lights brightened things up pretty well!

Now for the bird pictures!  I finally got the bird feeders up this weekend.  Not too many feathered friends have found them yet, but I'm so glad to be able to do some bird watching again!

I'm not sure if this one is a Ruby-throated hummer or not.

Chipping sparrow.


I cannot tell if this is the same bird as above or not.
The colors in the feathers seem to be a bit darker.

Mrs. Cardinal

Mr. Cardinal

House finch joined Mr. Cardinal

House finch.



Mrs. Cardinal

A furry friend instead of a feathered friend!

Ruby-throated hummingbird.


Silhouette of the hummingbird with the sunset sky in the background.



And so, another day comes to a close.

Title:
To You Before the Close of Day
Author (st. 4):
Author:
Meter:
Source:
Latin, 6th cent.; Hymnal 1982,ver.
Copyright:
St. 1-3 © The Church Pension Fund.; St. 4 © 1982, James Waring McCrady




To you before the close of day,
Creator of all things, we pray
that, in your saving constancy,
our guard and keeper you would be.

Save us from troubled, restless sleep;
from all ill dreams your children keep.
So calm our minds that fears may cease
and rested bodies wake in peace.

A healthy life we ask of you:
the fire of love in us renew,
and when the dawn new light will bring,
your praise and glory we shall sing.

Almighty Father, hear our cry
through Jesus Christ, our Lord, most high,
Whom with the Spirit we adore
forever and for evermore.

Amen

No comments: