Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Relationship vs. Religion

The Pharisees had religion.  Jesus wants a relationship.
The Pharisees were set in their doing, doing, doing to gain favor with God.  They refused to believe that Jesus came to do the "doing" because it was the only thing that would satisfy God's demands.....a blood sacrifice.

We are like them.  We think we have to do something to gain favor with God.  But, He wants a relationship with us; He loves us unconditionally!  He loves us, period.  All He wants is for us to love Him, trust Him and follow Him.  Why is that so hard for us to do?  Lord, help me to love You and trust You and follow You every hour of every day!

Matthew 11:28-30
28 Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Come Unto Me Lyrics

Hear the blessed Savior calling the oppressed,
“Oh, ye heavy-laden, come to Me and rest;
Come, no longer tarry, I your load will bear,
Bring Me every burden, bring Me every care.”

CHORUS
Come unto Me, I will give you rest;
Take My yoke upon you, hear Me and be blest;
I am meek and lowly, come and trust My might;
Come, My yoke is easy, and My burden’s light.

Are you disappointed, wand’ring here and there,
Dragging chains of doubt and loaded down with care?
Do unholy feelings struggle in your breast?
Bring your case to Jesus—He will give you rest.

Stumbling on the mountains dark with sin and shame,
Stumbling toward the pit of hell’s consuming flame;
By the pow’rs of sin deluded and oppressed,
Hear the tender Shepherd, “Come to Me and rest.”

Have you by temptation often conquered been,
Has a sense of weakness brought distress within?
Christ will sanctify you, if you’ll claim His best;
In the Holy Spirit, He will give you rest.


Today, Tuesday, April 30

My little lap buddy, Asher, knows if I have his blue blanket in my lap that he is welcome to join me.  He will beg with his puppy dog eyes, however,  if my lap is full with the lap desk, computer and/or books. But when I tell him to go lay down, he goes to his "couch" then gives me the sad puppy dog eyes from afar.

His couch sits empty quite often. 

I went out for groceries today and got really nauseous while I was out.  I took Mark his fruit at work and headed home so I could lay down.  I pray after tomorrow I start feeling better since that will be the last of the antibiotic.  I'm glad the pharmacist shorted me 5 capsules, LOL!  Thank You, Lord!

1 comment:

kathy rn said...

Vicky I sent you a Facebook messenger message.