Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, April 6, 2019

Unplanned

We were busy today working around the house.  Mark brought up some drain tiles from the woods because he wants to run a driveway down the side of the property. And he worked on the 4-wheeler and buggy.  I worked inside the house hanging things on the walls and putting things away.

Since I don't have somewhere to store these baskets, 
I decided to use them as decorations while not in use!

I added the shelf and the plaques on the left today.  
Then I moved my Willow Tree figurines from the hutch to the shelf.

Look at that beauty hanging in the center of the picture.
I got that for half price at Hobby Lobby. 
Those are metal flowers.  Love them!

Here's another beauty I got at Hobby Lobby.
It was in the clearance section because one of the
glass sections in the top of the lantern was missing.
Original price was $70.  I got it for $17.50!
CHA-CHING!!!

Today I added the bellows to the collection.
It has an eagle on it.

I decided to use a stand from the reception
to showcase a butterfly watercolor I did back in the 90's.
I thought the butterflies next to the vase of flowers was a nice touch.

I also started hanging some things in the bedroom above
and on my dresser.  I need to order some prints of some
of the pictures from the wedding, reception and honeymoon.
Not only to hang, but to get into scrapbooks.

Ilene called me around 11:30 to invite me to go with her, her girls and Carolyn McGrew to see the new abortion movie, "Unplanned."  Mark was out on the back of the property working, so I told her I would call her back.  When I went outside, Mark was driving up on the tractor.  I  asked him about going with the girls, or would he like to take me on a date tonight, LOL!  I suggested we could go to dinner and then go to see the movie together.  He agreed to go tonight.  I was glad because I still had lots of work I wanted to get done around the house, even though I would have loved to spend time with the girls, too.  I'm glad I waited on Mark because I got a lot done!

We decided the weather made it a good day to ride the bike tonight.  We left the house around 5 and headed to High Point.  The plan was to get tickets for the movie first and then eat.

On the road again.....

The High Point Cinema we went to.

There were not many seats left for the movie!
I was dreading being so close to the screen, but
the seats were like recliners, so it was not bad at all!

There is a chance of rain, but not til tomorrow.
Our trip tonight is safe.

After we got the movie tickets, we headed out to find a restaurant
that didn't have a line of people waiting for tables.  Therefore, we
had to pass up Texas Roadhouse, Olive Garden, to name a few.
We ended up at Applebees.  Anywhere sounded good to me!  My
egg sandwich from this morning was long gone!

"Unplanned" was a good movie.  If you are reading this and you are someone who is on the fence about being pro-life or being pro-abortion, you should go and see this movie. 

I am pro-life.  I believe God, the Creator and Giver of life, is the only One who has the authority to chose who lives and who dies, not any doctor performing an abortion!

Psalm 139:13-16
13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. 16 Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Jeremiah 1:5
5 Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.

Psalm 127:3-5
3 Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from him. 4 Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth. 5 Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their opponents in court.
  
Genesis 1:27
27 So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.
  
Psalm 8:5-7
5 You have made them a little lower than the angels and crowned them with glory and honor. 6 You made them rulers over the works of your hands; you put everything under their feet: 7 all flocks and herds, and the animals of the wild.

Have a blessed Lord's Day tomorrow!



No comments: