Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, April 26, 2019

House Calls

Boy!  What a night I had!  Very little sleep because I did not take my PMs, which I found out today I could have taken.  But, better safe than sorry! 

We went to bed around 11.  I was feeling sick to my stomach.....nerves, I thought.  At around 3 a.m. my insides erupted!  I threw up for about 2 hours.  Then the diarrhea started with more vomiting!  Finally about 5:30 I was feeling safe enough to go back to bed!  My pajamas were soaking wet with sweat!  I think I slept some between 5:30 and 8:15 when Mark got up.  He took care of the dogs and got his shower and then got me up at 9 to get ready so we could leave the house at 9:45 for the dentist.  I was feeling OK but had a headache.  I wasn't surprised by that!  During the time I was sick I was afraid I was going to have to cancel today's appointment and reschedule.  Thank You, Lord, for making it so I could keep my appointment!  My throat was sore and strained from the vomiting.

I always ask what my BP is when they check it.....123/70!  Cool!  The surgery would involve 5 implants and one tooth removal.  Once they started the anesthesia, the next thing I remember is the doctor stitching up the implant sites and then extracting the tooth.  That was a bit painful.  He had to break the tooth to get it out, which I figured, because half of it was broken off at the gum.

The doctor said the surgery went well and that I was an excellent patient, lol!  I just said, "Good!"  The nurse went to fetch Mark and gave me instructions.....eat things that are soft and cold today, beginning as soon as I get home, so I could take some pain medicine.  There is pain, but it is more soreness than pain.  The main pain is the headache.  I also needed to change the gauze on the extraction area every half an hour, ending the gauze at 3 p.m.  They gave me an antiseptic mouth rinse that I am to begin tomorrow.....using it BEFORE I brush my teeth.  I'm not looking forward to brushing my teeth!  And, the MOST important instruction.....pampering from Mark!  I have to say, and I told the nurse so, that he pretty much pampers me already!  Thank you, sweetie!

On the way home, we stopped at Wendy's for large Frosty's, a large sweet tea and lunch for Mark.  I ate some of the Frosty so I could take a tylenol and a tylenol pm.  At 3, after I removed the last gauze, Mark and I laid down for a nap.  He got up before me.  I stayed down til 5:30.

After I got up, I took some more tylenol and ate some more Frosty.  Sitting in the recliner this afternoon is about all I have felt like I could handle.  I feel pretty rough, mainly because of the headache.  I thought the sweet tea would help, but not so far. Maybe tomorrow when I'm allowed to have warm food that will help the headache.

A Memory Tree


Tim's mom told me yesterday that she had been meaning to tell me that she and Jennifer, Tim's sister, had planted a dogwood tree in memory of Tim.  This year it has blooms on it.  One of the widows at church had the idea of planting a tree in memory of her husband, too.  I never thought about doing something like that.  Planting something like that might have a better chance of survival than the plants I usually plant or try to raise.  I love the dogwood flower, so that would be a nice tree for Mark and I to plant, too!  It could be in memory of his wife, Lanelle, too.

Jeanne and Jenn's Memory Tree
I love the added flag and cross!

Such a pretty flower.

The tree looks nice and healthy!
And now Tim is healthy, too!
Praise the Lord!

Weekend Plans


We have Jaxon for the weekend.  With me not feeling well and Noah not able to spend the weekend, that leaves Mark to spend more time with him than usual when Noah is here.  When Noah is here, they practically live in the kids' den on the Wii and Play Station.

Grandpa and Jaxon playing on the DS toys.

Not sure if the electricity is going to get run to my shed this weekend or not.  I don't think the weather is going to be very cooperative.  We will see.

Well, thank you to those of you who prayed for me today.  Keep praying that the implants heal well.  I have a follow-up appointment on May 6th.  The doctor called me himself this afternoon to see how I was feeling!  I thought that was so nice!  As good as a house call!

Thank You, Lord, that the surgery is over!  Now lay Your healing hand on me that I won't have any set-backs!  Thank You for Your blessings on me!

1 comment:

jeday0323 said...

Thank you for blogging about the surgery and for being honest about how real nerves are! Praise God for getting you through it. You know I have been there many times - afraid I have to cancel something because of anxiety and feeling retched. I empathize with you. When it's all over, I feel so relieved! I'm so glad for you that this step is OVER. Now, you get to do the easy part of resting and healing. ;-)

I look forward to coming to see you next month. By then you will feel amazing!