Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Sweet Blessings

Tuesday, April 15

Happy 34th Birthday to my Son-in-law, Brad Palmer!  I love him like a son!

I went to Ilene's today.  She wanted to go to Rose's to look for window blinds.  When we didn't find any there, we went to Walmart and Lowe's.  Lowe's had them, but they were WAY more expensive than the ones at Walmart.  Why Walmart had only one in stock I do not understand.  She will have to have her daughter order some on line for her and have them sent to the store for pick-up.  That way she will not have to pay shipping!

Jaxon came to the house tonight until his mom got home from work.  He must be going through a growing spurt!  He is eating LOTS!  I fixed him 7 (his request) pizza rolls and fries.  Then he wanted 7 more pizza rolls!



Wednesday, April 16

I got lots done today!  Not everything I wanted to, but tomorrow is another day, Lord willing!

I got up at 7:45.  Did some work around the house (laundry, shuffling decorations around, etc) and at 11 I went to High Point to go to Walmart and Hobby Lobby.  But first I stopped at Arby's.  I used a coupon to get 3 meals for $5 each.  I ate the Loaded Italian and took 2 Reuben sandwiches home.  I cannot eat the curly fries because they give me heart burn, so I just added them to the take-home bag.  The drinks I made all sweet teas for me.  Mark and I ate the Reubens for our supper tonight.

Hobby Lobby is across the street from Arby's so I went there first.  Then to Walmart.  I spent a LOT of time in each store.  It was almost 2 before I left Walmart.  I worked on the laundry and my wall decorations and put down an area rug in the living room that I bought at Walmart.

Everything on this shelf is flower related.
My brother made these shelves for me.


This area rug is 5' x 7' and is red with black in it.  
I thought it would work well with the cherry furniture.  
It's a little redder than I thought it would be against the furniture, 
but it looks OK (for $20)!

I was getting warm in the house, so I decided it was
time to kick the AC on, at least that's what I thought I did.
By the time Mark got home, it was 76 in the house!

The shelves my brother built for me were on the left
of the big picture, but I moved them and reworked that side.
I also added some things to the right side.
I still have a few holes to fill in.

I bought a frame for the puzzle Mark and I worked
that he is going to put in his shop when he gets
electricity run to it.

No rain is expected (in the forecast) but the clouds moved in
this afternoon.  I took these pictures on the way to church.


I had a nice surprise waiting on my pew when I
got to church tonight.  An Easter gift from my Secret Sister.
Mark and I ate every single one of them on the way home!
Thank you, my sweet Sister, whoever you may be!

Thank You, Lord, for the strength to get the work done I need to get done each day!  Thank You for the headaches that make me realize what a blessing it is when I don't have one that is bad enough to keep me from being able to get my work done!   (I think that sentence might be too long!)  Today was one of those days!  I had a headache, but it did not keep me from working!   I pray tomorrow will be a pretty day so I can work in the shed.  I'm almost done with the work and will soon be able to play!  Thank You for providing not only a home, bu also a shed for creating!  Help me to create things that will bring honor and glory to Your name!  Thank You for providing above and beyond what I could even think or ask!  I love You, Lord, but only because You first loved me!

Thank You, Lord, for saving my soul!
Thank You, Lord, for making me whole!
Thank You, Lord, for giving to me,
Thy great salvation for rich and free!

No comments: