Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, April 3, 2019

OOPS!

Ilene and I needed to buy some groceries for the church dinner tonight, so I picked her up (after I went to Hobby Lobby in High Point) and we headed to Costco and Food Lion.

In between Costco and Food Lion, we went to Wendy's for lunch.

After Wendy's, and on the way to the Welcome Food Lion, we stopped at Cagney's in Midway for a couple gallons of sweet tea.

I took Ilene home and helped her carry the groceries in.  I had a headache, so I headed home, put my groceries away, took some tylenol and laid down.  Fortunately, thank the Lord, the headache eased up and I didn't lay for long between the texting to Mark, Dorothy and the church prayer chain group.  So I got up and cleaned up the kitchen and fixed the chicken salad sandwiches for the church dinner.  Mark got home with Jaxon around 4:15.  Jaxon played on the Wii while Mark took care of Piper and then got ready for church.

We left the house around 4:50 to pick up Ilene and Dorothy for the church dinner which was to start at 5:30.  Soup and sandwiches and dessert was the menu.

Jenifer came to the church to pick Jaxon up after supper.

At one point after supper Mark went to the car for something but discovered his keys had fallen out of his pocket and were lying on the seat, which he could see from the window.  And, when we got to the church, I carried a load of food in and immediately began helping set up the food without going back to the car to bring in my purse.  So my set of keys was also in the car.  OOPS!  We didn't know what we were going to do.....until one of the ladies asked if we had AAA.  YES!  We do!  Mark called them and they had someone there before it was time for church to begin!  Thank You, Lord!  The young man said he was up the street changing a tire!  Guess we need to get a spare key made!



Tuesday, April 2nd


SNOW!!!

I tried to capture a picture of the snow with my phone camera, but I couldn't see the snow in the pictures, so I did the video instead.  It was a cold day yesterday.  I woke up with a headache.....a bad headache.....which kept me in bed most of the day.  But when Mark sent a text saying it was snowing at his work site, I got up and went outside to take the pictures and video.  Then I went back to bed.  The next thing I knew it was sunny out!  And today we had 70 degrees!  Crazy weather!  Must be Spring time!  

Monday, April 1st

I went to Hobby Lobby in High Point this morning and then went to Chick-fil-A for lunch.  It amazes me how organized and smoothly their drive-thru runs!  It takes no time at all, even with 2 lanes merging into one!



In the afternoon, I went to the dentist to have a scan of my lower jaw to determine if I had enough bone left to have implants done.  Barely so, but I will be able to have implants.  Since I'm paying cash so I can get a 5% discount, I have to pay for the procedure before I can set up the appointment.  So I had to get a transfer done from savings to checking.  When that clears, I will take a check to the dentist and set up the appointment.  I am getting 5 implants; two implants in the top and three in the bottom.  Plus I am getting a tooth pulled that is broken off at the gum.  It will take about an hour and a half, so I will have sedation as there is no way I could hold my mouth open for that long.  With sedation, they can insert a brace to hold the mouth open and I won't know anything until it is all over.  Mark will probably take the day off so he can go with me and drive.  I have to let the implant surgery heal for 3 months before the other dentist can attach teeth to the implants.  By August, hopefully, I'll have jaw teeth and be able to eat properly again!  Can't wait!

Mark worked in the basement while I worked in my shed until almost dark when we rode the 4-wheeler down in the woods to allow Piper to run!  She loves to run!  It was pretty chilly, but fun!


Now you are caught up with the happenings of the Whittemore household.....for a few days, anyway!  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: