Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, April 4, 2019

Living In The Past


The transfer from savings to checking cleared the bank.  So the first thing I did this morning was to take a check to the dentist and schedule the implants.  Friday, April 26th is the day!

After going to the dentist, I went to the Hobby Lobby on Hanes Mall Road.  Then I went to the parsonage. As I parked under the carport, observing the scene before me, a bluebird flew in and perched itself on the clothesline pole and began preening itself. In that moment I began to go over all of the things I missed from the years spent there with Tim. 
I miss him. 
I miss watching the seasons come and go. 
I miss watching the birds....then the bluebird flew away and the Lord spoke to my heart. He reminded me of not only how blessed I was.....but how blessed I still am. Different surroundings, different people, but still blessed abundantly more than I could ever have imagined. No, I can't bring back the past, but I can enjoy the blessings of today! Thank You, Lord, for the blessings of the past AND the blessings of today!

My view from the carport.  If you have been reading my blog any time at all you will notice a few things that are missing.....the other tree and the bird feeders.

While at the parsonage Calvin came and worked on the mowing.

I worked until 2:30 at the parsonage.  I am going through everything that is left and bringing home what I want to keep, taking to the man cave everything we will donate to the Rescue Mission, and taking the rest to Goodwill.

While at the parsonage, loading things in the car, I thought about how beautiful the day was.  I sent Mark the following text:  "I know we have so much work to do, but it is so pretty, let's ride the bike tonight, maybe go to dinner?"  Without any hesitation he responded, "Sounds like a plan!"

I unloaded the car, taking most of the stuff to my craft shed, and sat down on the carport to read while I waited for Mark to get home from work.  He road the bike to work today, knowing it was going to be so nice this afternoon.  Tomorrow rain is supposed to move into the area.

Ready to leave.  Headed to Ruby Tuesday in Clemmons.  
That gives us a nice ride taking the back roads.


Country roads, the best kind for a bike ride!

Blessed with another wonderful man.

Yummy good food!

After eating, we went to the Tractor Supply store to get a few things.  While there, I took pictures of the little baby chicks and ducklings that were there.













Time to head for home.  We drove the back roads home, too.  
Just didn't want to give up any ride time!
This is Thom-A-Lex lake where I take the kids to feed the ducks all the time.

Well, the sky became overcast before we got home, as you can tell from the picture of the lake.  The sunshine had disappeared.  It was a little cooler for the ride home, but not bad!  Very enjoyable ride!  Thank You, Lord, for Your blessings on me!  Ponder your list as you read my list of just a few of my blessings for today:

I work up
I woke up with no headache
I woke up in a nice, warm home
I was able to get out of bed on my own
I had nice clothes to put on
I have a nice car
I have everything I need, and then some
It was a beautiful day
I got lots of work done at the parsonage
I have a wonderful, godly husband
I have a nice, warm, cozy bed to sleep in
On top of everything else, I have been chosen to be a child of God!
What else do I need?  NOTHING!

No comments: