Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, April 22, 2019

Work Before Play

I'm getting close to my She Shed Craft Room being complete!  I've been working on putting things into the storage cubes I have been getting at Hobby Lobby and putting together.

Bookshelves are along the left side.

My desk where I will do my crafting.

The back wall where the AC will go.
Eventually, I will put down flooring.

Today, I went to Lexington for the materials needed to do the electrical work to the shed.  One of Ilene's granddaughters' fiance, Joey, is going to do the work later this week.  He came over last Friday and gave us a list of items to buy for the work.  I took the list to an electric supply place and they gathered it for me.  Then I went to Home Depot to find out about renting a trencher.  After Mark got home from work, we took a trailer to pick it up.

See my flour line?  Mark used it to dig an 18" trench to run electricity to my shed.

Just about done!

It is hard to tell from the picture, but right about where the shadows
of the tree begins is where it was hard to do the trench as the yard
is lower and collects water.  The trencher was plowing through
mucky clay and clumping up and sticking to the blade and bogging
down.  Whereas the redder part you see was pretty dry and was
basically dirt piling up versus the muck.  And, that part was much
easier to work!

Three hours later.......Looks pretty straight to me!

I was in the mood for a fat, juicy hamburger by the time we took the trencher back to Home Depot.  So we went to Cook Out for one of their burgers each plus an order of onion rings!  YUM!  Hit the spot!  We have worked hard, especially Mark today, in getting the shed done!  Next week, hopefully, I will be able to begin playing in the shed!

Thank You, Lord, for the many ways You keep blessing me!

1 comment:

jeday0323 said...

It looks amazing! I can't wait to see it in person.