Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, April 12, 2019

Daily News

Just a few days to catch up on.....

Wednesday, April 10

Ilene called around 11 to see what I was doing as she was taking a break from weeding.  I had come into the house to take care of nature's call from working in the craft shed.  I asked her if she wanted to take a break and get a bite of lunch.  She always agrees!  We went to Subway.  After we got back, I helped her finish cleaning out the flower bed.  Both of us complained of the backs of our legs hurting from the bending over, LOL!  But, we kept on going!  We had a job to finish!  And we gotter' done!  I left so I could get some more work done in the shed.

We rode the bike to church since it was such a beautiful day and Ilene wanted to drive herself.  It was a tad bit cool on the trip home, but much better than it has been on other trips home!

Ilene's azaleas are so pretty!  The sun was shining on this side so brightly
that everything looks like it is glowing!

The mess we pulled from the flower bed into the yard.  That's OK.  It
didn't stay there long as Robert was cutting grass as I was leaving.


My sweet friend!
(I'll be glad when I have teeth again.....3 1/2 months!)


Thursday, April 11

I went to Hobby Lobby, Arby's, and the Hop Shop Thrift in High Point.  Then I went to the Hobby Lobby in Greensboro (15 minutes from the one in High Point).  Found some goodies in the clearance aisles for future crafting ventures!

When I came home from Ilene's yesterday, I brought my homemade bird bath to get it out of her way.  It now occupies the corner of the craft shed.  Not sure if it will stay exactly there or not.  We will see how much activity it gets!

Mark remembered he needed to cut grass before we left for our trip to Ohio on Friday.

After mowing, he came to the shed and asked if I wanted to go with him to run Piper
with the 4-wheeler.  OF COURSE!!!

Piper is prancing and dancing to get started!
This dog LOVES to run!!!


Friday, April 12

Today we are heading to Jessica and Terry's to celebrate Michael's graduation and birthday.  I cannot believe he is 18!  WOW!  Where did the years go!  I remember Jessica telling me I was going to be a grandma, maybe around my birthday in 2000.  I would have just turned 45.  I told her I was too young to be a grandma, LOL!  But, after Michael was born in April of 2001, and I realized how much fun it was to snuggle with a baby, spoil them, and then give them back to mom, I was ready to be a grandma!!!  The Lord blessed Tim and I with 9 grandbabies.  And now, including Mark's grandbabies, we have 18 between us!  WOW!!

Thank You, LORD, for Your blessings on me!  AND for the blessing of being with family this weekend!

No comments: