Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, April 14, 2019

The Graduate

Here's pictures from this weekend with the graduate, my first grandchild.




Friday, April 12

We left here at noon and stopped for food on the way out of town.  We made a stop in Wytheville, VA to fill up with gas and get a snack.  Our next stop was in Cross Lanes, WV to have supper with my youngest child, Nathanael.  And then it was on to Jessica and Terry's where Michael and Jessica and Kara had already arrived. 

Rain ahead!


Tunnnels in VA

 




Psalm 50:10 "For every beast of the forest is mine, And the cattle upon a thousand hills."

Clearing skies as we near Jessica's








Saturday, April 13

A beautiful day for the family to gather and celebrate the graduate!  It started out with Terry fixing an omelet breakfast with bacon and sausage and hash browns on his new griddle!









Michael and 2 of his friends that are graduating with him, Alex and Devin.




Tim's mom giving the boys some wise advise.




















Time for the graduate to open his gifts.


























The boys lured Hannah into the woods to show her something.  
They all came back (wearing less clothing, except Hannah) 
covered in mud from the creek!











OOPS!  Someone sat on a wet lawn chair cushion!

Sunday, April 13

Mark and I went to church with Jessica and Terry.  After church we left for home.  It was a rainy trip!  I got lots of cool cloud pictures!  We got home around 6:45.  We have tornado warnings until 5:30 tomorrow morning!  Lord, please keep your hand of protection on us!

Joey and Rachel's car broke down.  They had to have it towed to Jessica and Terry's where Terry worked on the broken vehicle all evening, to no avail.  He even took tomorrow off to try to fix it.  Bummer!

Lord, thank You for your hand of protection on Joey and Rachel!  Please bless Terry in a special way for working so hard to get Joey's truck fixed!  Please help him to get the job done!









It was a good weekend!  It is always wonderful to see the family!  Thank You, Lord, for the blessing of family!  Thank You, Lord, for all of those people you have put into my life!

No comments: