Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Busy Days

Sunday, April 7, 2019

A cloudy day!



Monday, April 8, 2019

Happy 62nd birthday to my brother!  We are 18 months to the day apart.  I don't get to see Joey very often, but I will get to see him this weekend because he will be at Jessica's to celebrate Michael's graduation and 18th birthday!  Love you, Dude!

Tonight was the Mallard Ridge Assisted Living service.  We had about 18 residents in the service!  That is more than we have had in attendance since before Tim died!

It POURED the rain today!  I was working out in my shed when
the rain started.  It came down so hard and fast that, at one point
when I opened the door, the bricks I use as a bridge were just about under water.
But, in this picture a lot of the water had soaked into the ground or run
off somewhere.


Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Happy Birthday to my oldest grandchild, Michael, who turns 18 today!  So hard to believe!  I remember telling Jessica I was too young to be a grandma!  But, after Michael was born, I changed my mind!  Bring them on!  If I'd known how much fun they would be, I would have had the grandkids first, LOL!

Today was the Widow's Luncheon at Damascus Baptist in Statesville, NC.  Juanita ALWAYS has the most beautiful flower arrangements set up on the tables.  A delicious lunch, as always, and a wonderful lesson on Esther by Linda.  Thank you to the ladies for their hard work, including Kelly!!

These are the ladies I took to the luncheon today.  Ilene and Lois in the back and Carolyn and yours truly in the front.

On the way to the church we saw fields and fields of this beautiful flower.  When we asked Juanita about them she told us they were canola plants and the seeds are used to make Canola Oil.  They are actually rape plants.  You can read about it HERE.  These pictures do not do it justice!  The fields were beautiful!




I got home just a few minutes before Mark got home from work.  He started working on the buggy and I began working in my building.  However, we took a break to run Piper.

Piper waiting patiently for us.


Off she goes!


After the buggy ride, I went back to the building to work while Mark worked on the buggy.  I quit at 8:30 because I was hungry!

That's all, Folks!

No comments: