Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

A Lot of This and That!

The last time I posted was the Sunday before Ilene and I went to Florida 2 1/2 weeks ago.  Here's a run-down list of what we have been doing:

Monday, October 16 - Left for Florida.  Spent the week with Kim doing puzzles, going to church, reading devotions together, and eating and sleeping.  One day we went to the beach.  We also did some thrift store shopping.  It was a good week.

Tuesday, October 24 - Began the trip home.  Stopped in Mims, FL to see Bro. Herb Wilson and then stopped in Port Orange to see the Matthews.  Drove from the Matthews' to Savannah, GA to spend the night before continuing the trip on Wednesday.

Thursday, October 26 - Doctor's appointment to find out why my left leg is hurting and was swollen one day.  Xrays revealed arthritis.  I can deal with that!

Friday, October 27 - Worked around the parsonage Friday through Sunday and spent the nights at Ilene's, getting ready for my trip to Jessica's house for the month of November.

Monday, October 30 - Made the trip to Ohio.

Today I ventured out to the thrift shops in Lancaster.  I found 5 when I googled.  That's what I spent my day doing.  Then we went to IHOP for supper.  Came home and worked on some crafts with the kids.

I'll catch up with some pictures of the agenda listed above.....tomorrow!
Country scenery as I left the house to go thrifting this morning.  Some dew on the windshield in the lower left.

IHOP

Sunset in the distance as we traveled back to the house.

No comments: