Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, November 25, 2017

Don't Feel Badly

Twenty five of us gathered today.  It was a wonderful gathering.  Tim's brothers and their spouses and Tim's sister, mom and dad and spouse, three of our kids and families, and Terry's mom and step dad, and me.

Tim's siblings told stories from their childhood years.  They shared things they learned from Tim.  We laughed.  At one point, someone said, "I wish I had known him (Tim) better."  It made me sad that she hadn't gotten to know the great man that he was and I teared up.  I knew by her expression that she thought she had done something wrong.  I want you to know that I don't want you to feel badly when something you (or anyone) says makes me cry at the remembrance of Tim.  All of those remembrances are wonderful!  It only makes me sad that making the memories came to an end!  I want to keep the memory of him alive!  Alive for his grandchildren.  Alive for his children.  Alive for his family!  Alive for his church family!  Alive for anyone who didn't really know him.  The fact that you go away wishing you had known Tim better is a beautiful thing to me!  He was a wonderful man!  I wish the world could have known him!

So, please, don't feel badly if I cry at the mention of him!  It's not for the mention that I cry, but for the missing!

So, here are some pictures from our gathering today:




It was a beautiful day today!  Thank You, Lord!

Doing flips




This bird did not want to be cooked today!  But, after 2 different smokers and twice in the oven, it finally got done!  And it was delicious!!!


cousins



Siblings.  Sure missed their brother, Michael and family today!




Jeff cooked a leg of lamb.  It was yummy!












Praying before the meal

The oldest two cousins


Tim's brothers and sister.....Jeff, Jennifer and Jon




cousins








Fun day!  Love you all!

No comments: