Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, November 3, 2017

Grandparenting

Grandparenting offers a chance to try again . . . with more to give and less to prove.  — Charles R. Swindoll

This statement is so true!  If you are a parent, I know you feel/have felt like a failure at it!  How good God is to give most of us a "second chance" at parenting again with our grandparenting!  We are (or should be) wiser this time.  We don't have to prove we are good parents, we can just relax and have fun with the grandchildren!  We don't have to try to get and keep the "Parent of the Year" award!  It is rewarding just to be with them!

After my post from yesterday, a pastor friend sent a couple of links to an article by Chuck Swindoll on Insight for Living:  Grandparenting, Part One and Grandparenting, Part Two.  I didn't realize that the word "grandparenting" is not in the dictionary until I read this article.  That is definitely a shame because we have much to offer our grandchildren through grandparenting them!

Lord, I pray that my grandchildren will love to be around me for who I am in Christ!


Today I hung around the house and did a little cleaning for Jessica to get ready for company tonight.  We celebrated Thaddeus Cooper Jones' 6th birthday!  Jessica got off work early and picked up Thad's cake from Meijer's.  Then we went to the daycare to pick up the kids.  We picked up a friend of Thad's, too, so he could come and spend the night with Thad.

Birthday party pizza

Prayer before the meal

The birthday chair

The cake


Thad opened Corey's gift first.  Corey told Thad, "You are going to love this, Thad!"

His eyes sure lit up when he got birthday money from me!

A new cuddly blanket to sleep with from mom and dad

A stud finder from memaw

Chance was the designated card reader.

Another gift from memaw and peepaw.....roller shoes!



A new skateboard from mom and dad


Another new toy gun, I believe from mom and dad


A Notre Dame shirt for Terry from Jessica

It fits perfectly!



Another year, another mark on the chart.

Thad grew about 3 inches in the last year.

Araya's turn to be measured.

Daddy and his girl.

Time for some silliness.


Araya's birthday is October 27, Thad's is November 3rd and Terry's is November 5th!  That's a lot of birthdays in a short period of time!

It's a full moon tonight!

Chance doing some tricks on Thad's new skateboard.

Araya concentrating on her stickers.

More birthday partying to do tomorrow!  Goodnight!

No comments: