Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

This Is My Story

"Everyone has a story!"  I've heard that and you have heard that.  And it is true.  Everyone has a story!  You have a story and I have a story!  Our stories may be similar, but there is something that makes each story unique to the individual.....you-niquely yours!

My story began on October 8, 1955.  I lived the "typical" life of lots of kids until I was 10 years old.  Then, God changed my story through His gift of salvation!  He changed it again when Tim and I became high school sweethearts.  And once again when I became a mother.....then again when I became a grandmother!  And now my story has added another chapter entitled, "Widowhood."

The final chapter hasn't been written yet. I don't know when my story will end.  But, I know that I still have lots to learn. My spirit is strengthened every day as I am learning to lean on Jesus!  But I don't always bring praise and honor to my Savior!  I don't always please Him, even though I try!  My desire is to finish well, like my precious husband did!  But, I've got a long way to go!

I started thinking about this when we sang the song, "Blessed Assurance" last Sunday, especially the chorus:

Refrain:
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long.

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.

Perfect submission, perfect delight,
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels, descending, bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.


Perfect submission, all is at rest,
I in my Savior am happy and blest,
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.

I pray your story includes God and His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ!

Thank You, Lord, for the unique way You show Your love to Your children!  Thank You for intervening in my story.  Help me to live my story for Your glory!


Tonight, I will share some photos from our trip to Florida the week of October 16 - 24:
We left at 6 a.m.  Our first stop was Cracker Barrel in Salisbury for breakfast.

We did a lot of puzzles while at Kim's.  We started with this 3D scene of NY City.

We spent an hour separating and sorting and decided this was too big of a project!  So, we put it back in the bag.

We decided to work regular puzzles.

Our first one looked like it would be easier than it was!

But, we finally got it finished!

Then we started this one, which was much easier!  Jesse found the missing piece near a piece of furniture in the living room later on.

Two down.....number 3.

Very pretty!

We went thrifting through the week.  On Saturday, we decided to take a break from the puzzles and go down to the beach.  I used to tease the people I worked with in WV when I would come to Kim's in the winter by building a snowman out of sand.  So, we made one, too.

It was very breezy and the waves were coming in pretty good, too!


Loved watching these little guys.  I think it is a sandpiper.  I also found them to be called sanderlings.  Maybe the same thing, not sure.

Toe to toe.

Ilene and Kim collected shells while I took pictures.

So fun to watch!  At one point, they stopped feeding and were bathing instead.  Watch the video below.



These egrets were catching little lizards and eating them!

We went to church with Kim on Wednesday and Sunday.  The family is Kim's daughter, son-in-law and 6 children:  Charity, Jesse Jr., Faith, Hope, Grace and Joy.  Love their names!  The girls all have the same middle name as their grandma and mom.....Kay.  I never knew that before this trip.

Our final meal together on Monday evening, October 23rd.

On Tuesday, after we left Kim's, we stopped in Mims, Fl to see Brother Herb Wilson.  We were supposed to be taking him to breakfast, but he ended up treating us!

This is his son, Sam, who is the pastor of the church where Bro. Wilson attends.  Bro. Wilson is living with Sam and his wife in the parsonage.  Brother Wilson used to be the pastor there.  I forget the name of the church.

After we left Brother Wilson, we stopped in Port Orange to see the Matthews.  They are members at our church who live in Florida half of the year and Winston Salem the other half.  They showed us around the area, took us to a Hospice Thrift store and treated us to Hibachi Grill for lunch!
When we left the Matthews, we drove to Savannah, GA to spend the night.  Then we finished the trip home on Wednesday.  We had a great time!  Kim has invited us back for the month of February!


Today, it was rainy and COLD all day!  I left the house around 11:30 and went to Walmart to pick up a few more items.  Ate at the Subway in the Walmart.  Then went to Hobby Lobby to find a refill cartridge for the Xyron Create-a-Sticker machine I got at the thrift on Tuesday for $0.99!  The cartridge I got was $19.99 retail, but I had a 40% off coupon.  However, turns out it is the wrong one for the machine I have.  I ordered it from Amazon because Hobby Lobby didn't have any. 

After I left Hobby Lobby, I went to Lancaster High School to pick up my grandson, Michael.  There are so many deans at the school that they each have an office.  Michael said there are 5 or 6 offices.  I sent him a picture so he would know which offices I was in front of to pick him up.

Tonight being a church night, frozen pizza was on the menu.  I didn't figure I would be hungry after eating a sub, but, I did!  And it didn't give me heartburn like I figured it would!  Then after church, the tradition is to stop at McDonalds for a shake.  Jessica and I got sweet teas, however.  Then it was to home to get ready for bed for school tomorrow!
My snack tonight as I type out this blog post.

I've discovered a new way to "iron" the messed up edge of your shirt.......

A flat iron!  You wouldn't be able to do this with all materials, however!

A rainy day!

A very COLD and rainy day!

Lunch included mine and Tim's favorite sub.....Spicy Italian on Italian Herb and Cheese bun!

The offices at the high school I parked in front of to pick Michael up.
More tomorrow!

No comments: