Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, November 17, 2017

Connections

I love making connections with Tim's family members.  We all have a special place in our hearts for him that is now filled with only memories!  But, memories are good!  My mom died without her memories because she had Alzheimer's.  What a sad disease!

Today, I connected with Tim's mom.  I picked her up and we went thrifting.  She goes to "hers" regularly and everyone wished her a Happy Thanksgiving in case they missed seeing her before that time.  After we went to a few, we met Jessica for lunch at Applebees.  It was nice to just sit and chat.  We will be gathering at Jessica's for Thanksgiving.  Tim's whole family will be there.  It will be a hard day.  Tim's mom told us today that she enjoyed talking about football with Tim.  This year she is not even interested.  She said, "what's the point?"

I took Tim's mom home after we ate.  She always takes a nap in the afternoon.  Jessica had to go back to the job site to pick up her things and then we met and did some more thrifting together.

Tonight we worked on the Christmas tree.  Jessica wanted to have it up for Thanksgiving.





















Connections.....Make sure the holidays do not interfere with your spiritual connections!  Don't leave the Lord out of your holidays!  Celebrate the season with Thanksgiving to the Lord for the blessings you enjoy as a child of the King of kings!  And then worship Him and praise Him for coming to redeem you from your sin!

Thank You, Lord, for Your blessings on me!

No comments: