Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, November 25, 2017

Pool Side

Saturday.  Busy day in the Jones household.  All 4 kids are doing something that requires taking them somewhere - two of them at the same time.

Thad has swim lessons at the same time Araya has gymnastics.  Michael works and needs a lift to work because he has lost his driving privileges.  Chance has gym ninja at 2:00.  Since I had not yet gone to watch Thad with his swim lessons, we took him (Jessica and I) and afterwards we went back to McDonalds for breakfast.  Then we went home to get Michael to take him to work.  Afterwards, we went to Hobby Lobby to shop.  Then we went to Frisch's Big Boy for a late lunch.

After we got home, Jessica and I worked on a blanket project for the Awana kids to complete on Wednesday.  These blankets will be delivered to a hospital for kids, I believe.  Then we played games, ate a late supper, watched some football and then went to pick Michael up from work.  What a day!

Thad's swimming lesson:
















Lunch at Frisch's:




We played a fun game tonight:

That was my day!  Pray you have a blessed Lord's Day tomorrow!

No comments: