Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, November 4, 2017

My Father's World

We had a busy day today!  Thad's birthday celebration continued with going to the mall to play arcade games after picking up a little friend to join in the fun.  Then we met Terry and Araya for lunch at Burger King.  Then we took his little friend home and headed to gym ninja with Chance.  Afterwards it was time to take Corey home, Thad's friend who spent the night with him.  It was a beautiful day so Jessica decided to have Terry and Araya meet us at Sheck Farms to take a hike.  Then home for supper, watch some recorded Notre Dame football, baths and bed.  Everyone will sleep well tonight!

I thought of this song when looking at the pictures of the beautiful fall colors at Sheck Farms:

This is My Father's World

1 This is my Father's world,
And to my listening ears
All nature sings, and round me rings
The music of the spheres.
This is my Father's world:
I rest me in the thought
Of rocks and trees, of skies and seas--
His hand the wonders wrought.

2 This is my Father's world:
The birds their carols raise,
The morning light, the lily white,
Declare their Maker's praise.
This is my Father's world:
He shines in all that's fair;
In the rustling grass I hear Him pass,
He speaks to me everywhere.

3 This is my Father's world:
O let me ne'er forget
That though the wrong seems oft so strong,
God is the Ruler yet.
This is my Father's world:
Why should my heart be sad?
The Lord is King: let the heavens ring!
God reigns; let earth be glad!


ARCADE:
Thad, the birthday boy.

Chance

Corey, Thad's friend.

Allison, Thad's friend.


Lots of tickets!


GYM NINJA

The first 10 minutes were spent just running around.



Playing tag.

Warmed up further by doing several exercises.
After warming up, they began doing some of the stunts:











SHECK FARMS (so pretty, just had to show you all of the photos!  Get some coffee!):






























This next was tiny.  May have been a humming bird nest.

This woodpecker was making a racket.  Don't think it liked us being in his neck of the woods!



















So much fun!  A good day was had by all!  Thank You, Lord, for the beauty in Your creation!  Thank You for family time!

No comments: