Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, November 6, 2017

Just When I Think.....

.....I'm feeling really good, my bowels (IBS) erupt!  Saturday night I was up 3 different times with the "D" word!  I ended up with a headache and nausea!  I stayed home from church in the morning.  Even though I was not 100% I went to church Sunday evening.  I'm glad I did.  I enjoyed the lesson from James.

Last night I went to bed at 8:00 with a terrible headache and upset stomach.  I slept for a little while, but still had the headache.  I took more tylenol, but still had the headache this morning.  Took some more and finally slept an hour or so.  Still had the headache.  Ate some applesauce and laid back down but couldn't sleep!  What a night!

I finally just got up.  Got ready and went to Walmart for some groceries and items for Operation Christmas Child.

I still have the headache tonight, but it is not as bad as it was.  And I have heartburn even though I have eaten hardly anything!

Even in all of this, I can thank the Lord that it isn't worse!  At least I am able to be up and walking around.  At least I am not having to lie flat on my back all day seven days a week!  Usually when I have a headache like this, it is from sinuses.  It would probably be classified as a sinus infection, but I have learned to just ride it out, even through the terrible headaches!

Thank You, Lord, for blessing me in more ways than I can count!  I am blessed that my "problems" are not much worse!

No comments: