Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, November 10, 2017

Attitude of Gratitude

It will be Thanksgiving soon!  One of my favorite holidays!  The LORD has blessed me so much!  And He has blessed you, too, if you are alive!  "In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."  1 Thessalonians 5:18


Today I went to the thrift stores I did not get to yesterday.  Jessica got off work early and met me at the last thrift stop.  I found a devotional by Nancy Leigh DeMoss entitled, "Choosing Gratitude, Your Journey to Joy."  There is a 30-day devotional section included in the book.  Too bad I didn't find it in October so I could do the devotions through the month of November.  But, no matter.  I will begin reading tonight.


I didn't leave the house til 11:30.  It was a cold and windy day today all day long!  Even though the sun was shining brightly, I don't think it got out of the 30's!  YIKES!  I'm not used to this kind of cold!  I'm thankful there is no snow to go along with the cold!  At least not yet!


This is the road that leads to Jessica's home.  They are surrounded by farm land in this area of Carroll, Ohio.  Acres and acres of corn fields line both sides of the road.  Beautiful country!

Thank You, LORD, for Your blessings on me!

Here's the song lyrics by the Easter Brothers

[Verse 1]
While the world looks upon me
As I struggle along
They say I have nothing
But they are so wrong
In my heart I'm rejoicing
How I wish they could see
Thank you Lord
For your blessing on me!

[Chorus]
There's a roof up above me
I have a good place to sleep
There's food on my table
And shoes on my feet
You gave me your love Lord
And a fine family
Thank you Lord
For your blessings on me!

[Verse 2]
I know I'm not wealthy
These clothes, they're not new
I don't have much money
But Lord I have you
And to me, that's all that matters
Though the world may not see
Thank you Lord
For your blessings on me!

No comments: