Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, November 23, 2017

Thankfulness


My heart is filled with thankfulness
To Him who bore my pain;
Who plumbed the depths of my disgrace
And gave me life again;
Who crushed my curse of sinfulness
And clothed me in His light
And wrote His law of righteousness
With pow’r upon my heart.

My heart is filled with thankfulness
To Him who walks beside;
Who floods my weaknesses with strength
And causes fears to fly;
Whose ev’ry promise is enough
For ev’ry step I take,
Sustaining me with arms of love
And crowning me with grace.

My heart is filled with thankfulness
To him who reigns above,
Whose wisdom is my perfect peace,
Whose ev’ry thought is love.
For ev’ry day I have on earth
Is given by the King;
So I will give my life, my all,
To love and follow him.

— WORDS AND MUSIC BY KEITH GETTY & STUART TOWNEND COPYRIGHT © 2003 THANKYOU MUSIC

Thankfulness.  It's easy to say you are thankful, but what do your actions say?  Daniel continued to give thanks to the Lord three times a day just like he always had even though a new law had been passed that everyone was to pray to the king only.  It didn't matter that the consequences of disobeying this law was being thrown to the lions.  He obeyed God rather than man.  And God chose to honor that decision by protecting him from the lions.  (Daniel 6)

Thankfulness.  It is done in humility.  There is no boasting like the Pharisee who prayed in public so he could be seen and heard by the crowd, unlike the publican who humbly bowed his head.  (Luke 18)

Thankfulness.  It is a way of life.  Colossians 3:17 - "And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him."  Don't take things for granted!  Especially your loved ones!  Be thankful for every second you have them!  Tell them you love them.  Lavish your love on them!  Hold them every chance you get.  Do special things for them.  Treat your husband like he is the king.  Fix his favorite meals.  Wear your hair the way he likes it.  Dress up for him.  Put extra effort into your relationship.  Treat your loved ones like there is no tomorrow with them.  You never know!  There might not be!


Today's lovelies:




I treated Michael to lunch at Olive Garden today.


Tonight's church service began with a pizza feast before moving into the auditorium where we sang Count Your Blessings and Give Thanks.  Then those who wanted to gave a testimony of what they are thankful for.


I'm thankful my sweet husband is healed and no longer battling melanoma.  What a sad day when it started taking over his beautiful brain!  He will certainly be missed through the holidays this year.  Thank You, Lord for making a home in heaven for us who are believers!


Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving!

No comments: