Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, November 13, 2017

Playing Hooky

I have no idea why this term came to mind tonight!  Do you remember that term?  Never heard of it before?  It is an unjustifiable absence from school or work.  Did you ever play hooky from school?  I did not!  I knew better!  I enjoyed living!  Mom and dad would NOT have stood for it!  I remember that my girlfriend and I skipped a class one time.  We hung out in the bathroom.  We were scared to death that a teacher was going to come into the restroom and discover us during that hour!  Totally not worth it!  I never did it again!  I do remember the Senior Skip Day towards the end of my senior year in high school.  Mom did let me do that.

I've played hooky from work a few times.  One time in particular that I remember was when I worked in downtown Cincinnati.  I believe Tim was home on break from the University of Louisville.  I went to his house instead of going to work one day.  If my parents had found out about that, I would have been history!  Tim's mom worked, too, so I guess she never found out about it, either, except that she knows now!  Sorry, Jeanne!  But, again, I worried all day about someone finding out!  So much so that I don't even remember what we did that day!  I don't remember if we left the house or if we hung out there.  I would have had to leave before Tim's brothers and sister got home from school, not to mention his dad and mom.  I don't even remember what I did until time for me to go home at my regular time!

These two "hooky" events didn't hurt anyone but me, but that doesn't make it right.  I wasn't where I was supposed to be when I was supposed to be.  No, I didn't get "caught" in the true sense of the word.  But my sin found me out!  It made me miserable during the time I was supposed to be enjoying myself!

But that's the way it should be in a Christian's life.  The "new man" in me convicted me of my sin.  I am thankful for that!  I need that to keep me straight!  To keep me out of trouble!  Thank You, Father, for the convicting power of the Holy Spirit!  Thank You that I can confess my sin and you are faithful and just to forgive me of the sin and to cleanse me from the unrighteous act (1 John 1:9)!


I guess I played hooky from my blog yesterday.  I worked on a puzzle until 1:00 a.m. before I just made myself quit and go to bed!  Since I didn't post yesterday, I wanted to be sure and post something today.

Sunday:
Thad and Chance working on the puzzle.

Lovely clouds!


This puzzle just about was the death of us!  The blue was a killer!  Several of the pieces in the finished puzzle are not where they belong (whereever that might be).  But we tried re-working it a couple of times and finally gave up!
 
Our little lefty coloring in church on Sunday night.

Today:
I went to Jessica's church to help a lady go through the Operation Christmas Child boxes to make sure nothing was in there that would not go through customs going into another country.  Then she took the boxes to a collection point (another church in Lancaster). 

While we were talking, we found out that we had both attended the same school (not at the same time) in Kentucky and that I know some of her relatives that went to a church my family and I attended in Kentucky!  What a small world we live in!

How many Shoe boxes will fit inside of a VW?



I'd say the first load to deliver consisted of about 75 boxes.  There will probably be more after church on Wednesday.

We started this puzzle yesterday afternoon, I believe.  I was up til 1:00 working on it!  Then finished it this afternoon.  It was super easy compared to the sail boat puzzle we worked on for DAYS!!!

Here's a super sweet video of Araya saying the prayer for the meal tonight.


Jessica started the menu for Thanksgiving tonight!  Three of my four children will be here!  Tim's brothers and sister will be here.  His mom and dad will be here.  It will be a wonderful day with family.  But, it will be a sad time, too.  Our first holiday without our precious Tim!  Oh, how I miss him!

One day at a time, sweet Jesus!
That's all I'm asking from you.
Just give me the strength
To do everyday what I have to do.
Yesterday's gone sweet Jesus
And tomorrow may never be mine.
Lord help me today, show me the way
One day at a time.





No comments: