Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, November 2, 2017

My Walk

Since I am and will be spending more time around my grandchildren, it is my prayer that I will not only talk the talk of Christianity, but that I will also walk the walk of Christianity!  I want to be an influence in their young lives for God's glory!  If they are saved, that they might see me as an example of how they are to live their life for the Lord.  If they are not saved, that they might want to be saved because of my being in Christ.

There are very few godly influences in this world.  I pray that I will be one of those that they see.  Lord, help me to ever depend on You and lean hard on You so that I will walk worthy of Your calling on my life to be a godly grandma! 

Ephesians  4:1-3
1.  I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech (ask, desire) you that ye walk worthy of the vocation (calling) wherewith ye are called,
2.  With all lowliness (humility) and meekness (gentleness), with longsuffering (patience), forbearing (enduring) one another in love;
3.  Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.


More pictures from time I spent with Elisabeth and family after coming back from Florida and before coming to Ohio:

Playing UNO.

Ryan and Sally dog joined us.

Sweet little Abby

My growing-up-way-too-fast Hannah banana!

That was Friday night, October 27th.  On Saturday, Abby and Ryan had end of the season soccer games.  I only stayed for Abby's game in the morning as I had to get some packing done for Jessica's house.

It was a "bright, bright, sunshiny day" but chilly!

Warming up before the game starts


Posing for grandma.

Little lefty.




Praying before the game starts.  LOVE it!

Her turn to sit out for a bit.

Selfie with grandma.

Waiting on her trophy.

Receiving her trophy

Team spirit!

Ryan's game was in the afternoon, so after we got home, lunch was eaten and then we played some more games.
Heart throb!

Abby being silly!


Posing with her trophy.

Hannah banana


Yesterday, I got a notice on my phone that I was out of data.  So, I could not make any calls out and the speed for 4G/wifi usage was really slow.  So, today I went to Metro PCS' office in Lancaster to see what the problem was since my plan is for "unlimited" data, etc.  Well, it turns out that the "unlimited" plan I'm on is for 2G of data, BUT my phone was only set up with 1G!  So he bumped it up to 2G.  Doesn't that just frost you?  It did me!  He wanted to sell me more G of data, but I told him that since the data ran out at the end of the cycle that bumping me up to 2G, like I should have been in the first place, should take care of the problem!

This evening, I went with Jessica to a parent-teacher conference for Chance.  Then we picked the kids up at the day care and we all went to pick out birthday cards and gifts for Terry.  We also made a few other stops before stopping at the McDonalds drive-thru on the way home.  Then we worked on goody bags for Thad's class tomorrow in celebration of his birthday.

Loaded Italian sub from Arby's was my lunch.

Took a few pictures around the house.





I fixed this for Araya.  It was part of the birthday gift I gave to her.

It's hard to see, but I was trying to capture the sun's rays coming through the clouds.

Jessica and I did not eat anything from McDonalds.  This was my supper!

That was my day!  Thank You, Lord, for a good day!

No comments: