Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Fun Times

I woke up.....WITHOUT my headache today!  Thank You, LORD!  It lingered in the background all day, but didn't cause me any grief!  I weighed myself this morning and had lost 4.6 lbs. over the weekend with not being able to eat again!  That makes a total of 58 lbs. since beginning this IBS journey!

I went out to get some glue sticks for Jessica's glue guns today at Hobby Lobby.  While out, I decided to grab some KFC.  I didn't want to get sick, so of the 4 wing meal with potato wedges, green beans and a biscuit I only ate the green beans, 2 wings and half of the wedges.  My stomach was fine all afternoon but started feeling bad again tonight.  I think I am going to start taking one of the Ranitidine tablets in the mornings.  Hopefully that will give me help all day long!

It was a cold and wet day again today.  Temps in the 40's!  Makes this basement feel pretty warm!

Jessica and Terry went to dinner for Terry's birthday which was Sunday.  I fixed dinner for the kids and then we played games til mom and dad got home.  FUN TIMES with the grands!  They had their baths, too.  Chance, Thad and mom worked on Crazy Hats for Awana tomorrow at church.  Then it was bed time.  I helped Jessica fold laundry and then played 3 games of ping pong with Michael after he got home from work.  I might add that I won 2 of the 3 games we played!  :D  I remember playing with Tim.  Tim loved playing ping pong.  And, like everything else he did, he played to win!  That was good for me because I learned a lot of moves from him.  But, I'm still not as serious about playing like he was!  I don't remember beating him too many times, either!  But those few times I did were sweet!  Sorry, babe!  But they were!  :D

At least I have a beautiful drive when I want to go shopping in Lancaster.







So much for going out JUST for glue sticks!  I need to stay away from the clearance aisle in Hobby Lobby.  I just need to stay away from craft stores period!!!

The puzzle I found in the clearance rack at Hobby Lobby!

Domino Rally!

A few of the games we played.....pick up sticks, jenga with a miniature set, break the ice, uno, Araya played don't spill the beans by herself!

They were pretty HYPER tonight!  But we had fun and they were good!
Last but not least, I've started a project.  This is going to be an ear warmer that will wrap all the way around the head like a headband.  Loving this bramble stitch!  It's not a hard pattern, but it is not easy, either, since you have to pay attention to which row you are on in the pattern!

Thank you all for the prayers on my behalf.  I'm sure that is why my headache was gone today so I could function!  :D  May the Lord bless you!  That reminds me of a song.....

"May The Good Lord Bless And Keep You"
(Jim Reeves Lyrics)

May the good Lord bless and keep you
Whether near or far away
May you find that long awaited
Golden day today

May your troubles all be small ones
And your fortunes ten times ten
May the good Lord bless and keep you
Till we meet again

May you walk with sunlight shining
And a bluebird in every tree
May there be a silver lining
Back of every cloud you see

Fill your dreams with sweet tomorrows
Never mind what might have been
May the good Lord bless and keep you
Till we meet again

(May you walk with sunlight shining)
And a bluebird in every tree
(May there be a silver lining)
Back of every cloud you see

Fill your dreams with sweet tomorrows
Never mind what might have been
May the good Lord bless and keep you
Till we meet again

May the good Lord bless and keep you
Till we meet, (Till we meet)
Till we meet again...


No comments: