Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, April 30, 2011

After 2 Weeks Away..........

Just shy of 2 weeks away, I'm back home.........happy to be back, but sad to leave my daughter and grandchildren.  I've got lots of catching up to do, but won't spend the time tonight doing it.  I just have a prayer to share with you as I reflect on my blessings........hope you enjoy it.


Every Mile of the Way
by Vicky Day

Thank You, LORD, for your protection today
As I traveled the roads; every mile of the way.
I'm thankful, too, for the loving kindness you've shown,
To the children I bore who are now full-grown.
To them you give gifts that they can share
With me as many grandchildren they bare.
A godly influence is what I want to be
So that one day in heaven with me they will see
The One Who died to set us free
From our sin for all eternity.
Oh!  What a grand and glorious place
When we will see Your Son face to face.
I'll thank You for your protection alway
As I traveled life's roads; every mile of the way.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aunt Vicky,
That was a very nice poem. : ) What a day that will be when my Jesus I shall see! : ) It is great to have a Godly grandma.. I still have very fond memories of Mammaw watching me (she did quite often), I can picture her reading her Bible amongst other things as well.. What a great example a grandmother can be. : ) You are a blessing. : )

You and mom have something about poems.. : ) She likes to make poems too.. and they must rhyme.. : ) (Don't all good poems). I love it! Love you!
Love in Christ,
Pam

Elisabeth said...

miss you mom! I can't thank you enough for everything you have done for us! I love you!

kimeric kreations said...

Welcome back Vicky! Glad your trip was safe both ways...and that you got to spend that time with your new little one!

Kimberly Pitman said...

Such a beautiful poem, Vicky! What a blessing that the Lord has given you the talent to be creative and a lovely family to inspire you.

Love & Prayers

K.