Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, November 6, 2019

One Thousand Gifts

Today I began reading "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp.  I will be participating in an online Bible Study and this is the featured book.  The Bible Study is a reminder for us to be grateful.  What better time to do that than during the month of November.  It actually runs from November 18 - December 22.  That's good!  It will bring into focus another Gift, the absolute best Gift ever, that was given to us, I'm sure!  You can find out more about the Bible Study HERE

When I purchased the book and Bible Study guide, I also bought a gratitude journal.  I began reading the book today and made my first entry into the journal.  It's never too early to be thankful, right?

Today I am grateful for "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp because I'm reminded why I'm not writing my story, (and I quote)....."He (God) knows how it all works out, where it all leads, what it all means.  I don't."  Hopefully, prayerfully, I will be even more thankful from now on for the story He is writing!

Thank You, Lord, for the blessings You have written into my story!  Help me to remember You are the One Who knows how it all works out!  "For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope."  Jeremiah 29:11

Fire Pit

We are really enjoying the fire pit!  Especially the food that is cooked over it!  Last night we fixed pork chops, mixed veggies and garlic toast.  YUM!  It was DELICIOUS!  No leftovers tonight!
The Menu, all seasoned and ready to go!

It was a beautiful evening!

Building the fire to get some good cooking coals!

Mark watched the garlic toast closely while I worked on the pork.

He also helped keeping the mixed veggies stirred.

Still don't know why the Lord blessed me with two good men!  So much more than I deserve!

Mark did a lot of work cutting down and chopping up trees that had fallen and brush and debris that had come down during last week's rains.  Some of it is still damp and does a lot of smoking when added to the fire, til the moisture is burned off!

Well, the Christmas wrapping has begun!  The last several of years money has been the gift to the grandchildren.  This year there will be gifts.

Let the gatherings begin!  I thought this cartoon was so funny.....and true!  Christmas is WAY TOO COMMERCIALIZED!  It is time for Americans to get back to remembering to be thankful for all that the Lord has done for our Country!  And, PLEASE don't call it turkey day........it is THANKSGIVING!!!!


No comments: