Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, November 2, 2021

A Surprising Day

I got up this morning ready for a normal Monday.  I listened to my daily Bible reading, checked and deleted emails, worked in the checkbook, made some calls, cleaned up the kitchen.  I got ready to change my clothes to head out to the store when Mark came in the door.  He didn't have much work so he took the rest of the day and tomorrow off.  He said he thought we could go to see the leaves in the mountains.  We had talked about it a couple of weeks ago.  So we got ready and headed to Boone and stopped in Wilkesboro on the way to eat lunch at Olive Garden.

We went to the Bible Camp in Boone.  On the way up to the camp we noticed a creek running alongside the road and determined to make a stop on the way out.  

Brother Dale and Juanita were at the camp closing down their cabin for the winter.  They told us about a nice, scenic road to take on the way back.  We got some pictures and left.

We stopped along the road on the way out.  I crossed the road and climbed all over the bank trying to get some good pictures of the creek.  Then I crossed the road again to get in the car.  There was a ditch next to the car on the passenger side.  I slipped right in as I was getting into the car.  I landed on my backside right in the muddy water!  OH!  GOOD GRAVY!  That ended our trip to the scenic route!  Now I had to get home and out of those yucky wet clothes!  We had plans to go to a meeting at Brother Dale's church, so we really needed to head home anyway!

I scared Mark when I fell in the ditch.  He jumped out of the car and ran to help.  I was more worried about my camera than me!  It got a bit wet, but not enough to hurt it.  He was trying to get me up.  I told him to take my camera.  I pulled myself up (with Mark's help) by holding onto the car door handle.  I broke a blood vessel in my index finger when I did that.  And other than a sore spot on my hip where I landed I was OK.  We laughed and laughed!  Wouldn't you know something like that would happen when I had on white pants?!  HA!

In spite of it all, we had a nice day and I did get some pretty pictures!  Thank You, LORD, for the beauty of the changing season!

The trees around here still have a lot of green on them.







The trip to Boone takes a couple of hours.


















Coming to the top of the hill where the camp is.






This is a house I zoomed in on across the way on another hill.  I can see the spot where it is on the hill in the distance in the picture above.




A lot of the leaves have disappeared from the trees in the last couple of days!





This is the chapel at the camp.







I love the names on this pole.  Very appropriate!






And, this is the creek I wanted to take pictures of.











And, here's the mess I made as I fell into the ditch!  OY VEY!













On our way to Damascus tonight the sunset was beautiful!  But I couldn't get a very good picture of it.






No comments: