Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Happy Birthday to My Second Son!

Michael Timothy was born on June 9, 1981. His big sister was 17 months old! We certainly did not plan to have another baby quite so soon! But God had other plans! :) Unlike Jessica, we had no trouble with a boy's name. We decided, long before we even thought about children, to name our first son Michael Timothy. I don't think it even dawned on us that the Dr. might be wrong AGAIN about the sex! Since I have BIG babies, the guess was always that my baby was going to be a boy. We had ultrasounds, but only one unless something was wrong with the pregnancy. And the ultrasounds had not developed to the point of being able to tell the sex of the baby. Michael came 6 days early, compared to Jessica coming 6 days late! I only gained 11 pounds with Michael compared to the 40(+?) I gained with Jessica! Michael's birth was a little quicker than Jessica's. Probably 3.5 hours of labor! Thank You, LORD!

Even though his delivery was quicker, the pressure and pain were more intense with his birth! And, Michael turned out to be my smallest baby weighing in at 9 lb 7.5 oz.

Tim was working at Kroger at the time as a co-manager. But while I was in the hospital with Michael he was basically forced to resign because his goal was not to be a manager at Kroger, but to be a pastor. And since he lost his great paying job, I had to go back to work when Michael was 6 weeks old and mom watched Jessica and Michael for me. I sure hated having to leave them to go back to work! I thank the LORD that my children turned out so well! Praise the LORD! He is merciful!

I forgot to put Michael's birthday card in the mail before we left for Myrtle Beach, so I will have to do that as soon as I return home from vacation!

I hope your days is the best day ever, Michael! And I LOVE you more than you will ever know!

Love,
MOM

2 comments:

jessicaday said...

That was so beautiful! I love having today as his birthday to appreciate his life. :-)
Thank you for always being a great mom to him (and thank Tim for being a great Dad). He has great memories from childhood and I know that helped make him be the awesome man he is today. I couldn't have asked for a better partner in life!

Unknown said...

Thanks mom!