Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, June 13, 2010

We Are Back!

Just a post and maybe a few pictures (if I can decide which ones I want to use) of our trip to Myrtle Beach with Elisabeth and her family and our oldest grandson, Michael. We had a blast! Every day was an adventure! Even if we were "basically" doing the same thing. In the morning we went to the beach cuz it was just too stinkin' hot in the afternoons! Then we went back to the house for lunch. After a bit of quiet time in which the kids hung out in their bedroom on their beds watching some TV with the lights off, we went to the pool. Then we came home for supper. After supper was the evening activity. Sometimes we just strolled along the beach, or went to church, or got groceries, or went to Broadway at the Beach, or went out on a pier and watched the sharks and jelly fish, or went for ice cream, or played putt putt! The other activities that veered off this "schedule" was church on Sunday, Tim and I went "out" on Tuesday by ourselves and Brad and Liz went out on Thursday by themselves and Alisha, Mark and Micah Whittington came for a visit on Friday. They live about 2.5 hours from the beach and made a weekend out of their trip! It was great to see them again!

OK, I ended up posting lots more pics than I intended to. And they are in reverse basically to when they happened, lol! But, no matter! Here they are:

What a lovely group! :)
At Ruby Tuesdays.
Michael looking for little crabs the waves bring in.
Ryan and Micah playing in the sand.
I tricked Micah into looking up for the picture!
Tim and Michael playing "miniature" basketball. These next several pictures are from the night Tim and I watched the kids while Brad and Liz went out.

The kids posing for me.

I tried to find some nicely smoothed and regular shells for making necklaces. Liz found the large shell.
Tim and Hannah worked on a sand castle.
Can't leave home without the computer! I burned the vacation pictures to disks each day. Ended up with 5 cd's.
Broadway at the Beach.







The mode of travel for everyone. Our golf cart was included with the house.
Cancun Lagoon putt putt.
Lunch time!
Strolling the beach at night, Michael found a huge shell, too!

Acting goofy with Michael.
DQ night! YUM!
Afternoon pool time.
Ryan and Hannah are doing amazingly well in the pool!
And Michael is a little fish in any kind of water!
Headed to the beach. Only 5 were to be on the cart at once, so Brad made 2 trips everywhere we went. What a guy!



Taking in a few cartoons before heading out for the day.

It sure was good to be in our own bed again last night! But, we had LOADS of fun last week! Thanks so much, Liz and Brad, for inviting us to go along!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH it looks like you all had a great time!!! Love the pics. Can't wait to see more! Elisabeth told me today that you had done five cds!!!! I'm so glad you got to do that with them. And little Michael too!

jessicaday said...

It looks like you all had a blast! I'm so glad, you all deserve it. :-) I ADORE that first picture of all of you in blue and white. SOOOOO gorgeous. I can see that will be on many scrapbook pages.

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love these pics!! They made me smile and giggle. You must've had a blast. So glad you got a well deserved break with your family! TFS, Vicky. :) Hugs, Leslie

Elisabeth said...

I love the first one too. I haven't looked at all the pics yet.

Lisa said...

Love all the pictures. We always have a lot of fun when we go to Myrtle beach. I know I recognize a few of those places lol. Glad you had a great time!