Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Shenanigans!

I'm just a LITTLE perturbed today!!!  Why is it that Google has to mess with stuff!  My password was just FINE until yesterday!  All of a sudden, I cannot sign in!  Password not recognized!  So after SEVERAL tries I forgot about posting anything yesterday and decided I'd try again today.  Maybe it just needed some rest and in the morning it would be back to it's normal self!  NOT!  I had to go through the process of changing my password.............again!  Except this time google would NOT accept my usual password and it would not accept anything I tried to create.........until I had a combination of the following................symbol, capital letter, number.................grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!  I HATE having to have a list of passwords because there is no way on earth you can remember the STUPID things!  DOUBLE GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

OK, now that I have that out of my system.................I need to go and look up the origin to the word "shenanigans" and see if the "she" in the front of the word has some significance!  I sure hope google doesn't play any more "SHENANIGANS" while I'm gone!

3 comments:

jessicaday said...

That's about the longest rant I've ever heard you make! I love it! I agree with you - they're trying to make passwords more secure, but how about not making it so difficult?? They could help us through it a little better if you ask me.

Anonymous said...

I have SOOO many passwords!! I can't remember all of mine!!!! I have them written down, but then one changes and then if I forget.....well, it's a mess!!! Especially the bank. They make us change every couple of months or so and I'm running out of things to change it to!!! As Jessica said, I know it's for security, but GEEZ!!!!! My brain full!!!

Kimberly Pitman said...

Besides all the busy-ness of the last couple of months, Google has decided to give me fits also. So that meant that when I actually had a few minutes to sit down at the computer and blog most likely I'd get a post ready to upload only to have a Google problem. Maybe it will all be fixed now. I sure hope so anyway!