Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, May 13, 2011

What'cha Doin?

Not much!  Been workin' in the yard some.  Playin' with my new camera some.  But no digital scrapbooking at all lately!

New camera?  Yes!  I finally saved up enough money between birthday, Christmas, cleaning church to get a new camera!  It is like my last one only better!  Instead of 10X zoom, I have 16X zoom.  Instead of 7MP quality, I have 14.1MP quality!  I'm LOVIN' the ZOOM!!!  I've got to get ready to fix supper soon, but hopefully tonight I can play with some of my closeups and put them in some scrapbook pages!

Thanks to all who contributed to my camera fund!  Next savings pot is for Tim and I to go on a trip AWAY for a couple of days! 

4 comments:

jessicaday said...

I just hope this camera's battery is better! :-)
Where are you guys thinking about going?

Vicky said...

Unfortunately, same type of battery cuz I got the same kind of camera. I did go ahead and buy an extended life battery, however. We will see how it does!

We aren't planning anything fancy. We want to see the Natural Bridge of Virginia and some more of the Blue Ridge Parkway. Maybe stay in a lodge along the route or something. We've got one hotel card (from credit card points) and I'm saving your Mother's Day gift for the trip, too! :D We aren't planning on going til we are done with Spring visitation. Could be a couple of weeks or more yet, depending on the weather. It is thundering right now and rain is in the forecast for the next 5 days! YIKES!

jessicaday said...

Sounds like Father's Day money will push you over the edge budget wise AND calendar wise. I'm glad for you! That will be a nice trip!

Vicky said...

:D