Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Welcome to North Carolina, Elisabeth and family!

Yes, our daughter, Elisabeth and her husband, Brad along with their 3 children, Hannah, Ryan and Abby, not to mention their 4 fur babies (2 dogs, Sammy and Patch and 2 guinea pigs, Lightning and Butterscotch???) are moving to North Carolina!  Brad's job brought them here, to which I am so very thankful!  I'm sure some people think we had something to do with their move, but it absolutely was all the Lord!  But, we will graciously accept the move being to our favor!  :D  But, I also feel sad for the family that was left behind.  And I can honestly say that because I do know the feeling!

And I know Liz is sad about leaving the home she has known since 1997 in Buffalo.  But, I also know that the Lord only has great things in store for her and her precious family!  And, it doesn't include them attending our church after they finally get moved into their house.  And, as much as we would LOVE to have them be a part of our congregation, it wouldn't be for our best or theirs if the Lord was not in it!  We want them to follow the Lord wherever He may take them!  Now if we could just get Him to work on the rest of the family!  :D

Since they are waiting on finality for their house they are in contract for, Liz and the kids (those without fur and those with fur) are staying here with us in the parsonage.  So, it will be a busy summer with lots of adjustments for everyone.  But, we will do just fine!  So, with that introduction, let's take a look at what we have been up to...................

Last Thursday, June 12th, we went to Bedford, VA to tour the D Day Memorial.  On our way home, we went to 7 or 8 Goodwill stores that Tim had mapped out.  We left at 8 a.m. and got back home at 8 p.m.  Had a great day!






Working on VBS crafts.

Playing in the pool trying to keep cool!  The water was like hot bath water!  When we fill it up the next time, we need to find a more level spot so the water doesn't run more to one side than the other!  :D  Hannah is in the "deep" end!

 3 of the 4 fur babies.....and Liz.

Patch.....she certainly is more calm than Sammy............

Sammy trying to get the gnats to leave her alone!

Being silly!

Hannah working on my hair.

Mom's turn!

Not sure what to think about our new "do's!"  :D

Abby was excited to be playing in paint!

Ryan working on his masterpiece!
 Hannah's masterpiece!

 A new set of earrings.

Working on a matching necklace.

Working on a bracelet that matches her shirt.

A picture of the storm clouds moving into the area.  We heard the thunder and Hannah saw lightning, but I don't think we got any of the rain!
So, there is the start of a busy summer.  Tomorrow we are going to the $ theatre for the $1 summer special and see the Lego movie.  The kids will probably play in the pool again in the afternoon.  Have a great day!

1 comment:

Judith said...

Wow it looks like you are starting off the summer with a bang!! How wonderful for all of you. It will be such (exhausting) fun!! Loved seeing your pictures. :0)