Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Tuesday Files

WONDERFUL day of messages!  The theme of the conference is responsibility.  Here's a list of the message titles the preachers were assigned for today, to give you an idea of the messages we heard:
Man's Responsibility to God
Man's (Our) Responsibility to Mankind
Responsibility of a Christian
Responsibility of the Church to its Members
Then, there is a missionary preaching each day.  His message today was titled, Paul's Conversion, A Pattern

I had to take a picture of these gladioli arrangement because the colors together were just beautiful!


When we come to the conference, we always take a picture next to the Greenbrier River.  When Tim's cancer came back in October 2013, we did not stay in the Cabin that we usually stayed in when the conference rolled around in 2014.  Instead, we stayed in the Sandman Hotel.  Same for this year, especially since we are having to dress the tumor on his chest twice a day.


One of the reasons we went down to the Greenbrier River was to check on some British Soldiers moss for Tim and his mom to put in their terrariums.  However, we didn't find any.  BUT, I did see some other flowers and things that I took pictures of.....


After I took this picture and previewed it, I noticed Tim was in the picture and it kinda looks like he is looking at the HUGE lily, HA!


Do you see what I see?


Love these little daisies.


This field doesn't look very nutritious for the cows, does it?  However, I guess it looks like free-standing hay instead of being bailed hay!  :D



And, last but not least, a photo of the Talcott Station.  I tried to find out some history on it, but no luck.

There you have it!
I thought I would give you a run down of what we have eaten today.  We do NOT go hungry during the conference, that is for sure!
Breakfast at 8:00 a.m.
eggs
bacon
sausage and milk gravy
fried potatoes
biscuits
fried apples
cantaloupe

Break at 10:45
cookies
donuts

Lunch at 12:00
Hot dogs
coney fixings (except no cheese)
cole slaw
macaroni salad
chips

Dinner at 5:00
meat loaf
soup beans
corn bread/biscuits
WOW!  I cannot remember what else!  :D

Desserts served with lunch and dinner, not to mention all kinds of beverages.  Bed time for me!

No comments: