Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, August 6, 2016

Lost a Couple of Days, but.....

Well, our poor little Thaddeus got the tummy bug and was sick Wednesday and Thursday.  Michael and I were following him around all day with a trash can and I was running clothes through the wash and cleaning up the floor with Lysol.  So far, knock on wood, no one else has come down with it!

By Wednesday evening, I started feeling sick to my stomach and so was Michael.  We ended up staying home with Thad from VBS.  We were up basically all night holding the trash can for Thad to puke into.  Poor little guy was thirsty and would drink water and gatorade.  But, within 10 - 15 minutes probably, it would all come back up.  Then he would fall asleep for awhile, wake up and want a drink, which I always gave him because I was afraid he would become dehydrated.  Well, this cycle went on all night long.

Jessica took Thursday off from work so she could come and take the kids back home.  But, she called the pediatrician on the way here and the pediatrician said to stop food and drink for an hour (he wasn't eating, only drinking).  Then give him small sips of water or gatorade every 15 minutes.  The first time his stomach still wanted to revolt, but nothing came up even though he felt like it wanted to.  So we kept this up all morning.  In the afternoon we finally got pee from him!  WOOHOO!  He was feeling better and better as the day went on!  By night he was eating some and we prayed he would keep it all down!  Praise the Lord! He did!

Michael was feeling fine on Thursday, but I was still feeling sick to my stomach.  I had gotten dressed to go to VBS, but I was still feeling bad, so I decided it would probably be best for me to stay home.  I never threw up and I didn't have diarrhea like Thad.  I really think mine is something different from the stomach bug.  Something I need to have checked out since I seem to have this quite often.  I feel better not eating when I am having this problem.

Liz came on Thursday to take her well kids home!  It is probably too late, however, if what Thad had is catching since they were all exposed to it.  I am praying none of the others come down with it!  Chance went home with Ryan and Hannah stayed here.  She is a brave soul!  :D

Thad woke up this morning stating he wanted to play today, not sleep!  :D  Jessica took the kids to go swimming at Liz's house.  Tim did some work on my blue car after they left and then came in the house and said, "let's go out to lunch and to our thrift stores."  I said, "No way!  I want to stay here and enjoy the peace and quite!"  (If you believe that, then you don't know me very well!)  :D

I told him I didn't care where we went as long as I could get some soup to eat that maybe wouldn't make me sick on my stomach.  Then I ended up taking a nausea pill just to be safe.

Tonight was the last night of VBS and the parents were invited to a Hot Dog Feast.  We had a huge crowd!  Probably 3 times as many people as last year!  Our prayer is to be a light shining in the darkness for people to find their way to the Lord as He works and draws them through our kindness and love.  We may never know the full impact we are making in the lives of the children who attend our VBS!  If only one comes to a saving knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ, it will have been worth it!

The house is pretty quiet tonight as Liz took all the boys back with her, along with Abby.  The only ones in the house besides Tim and I are Jessica, Araya and Hannah.

Here's some pictures from the last couple of days.

Wednesday, the 3rd:
Playing in the water with sponge bombs I made for them.

Thad had diarrhea in the morning, threw up his chocolate milk he had for breakfast, but played until late afternoon when he fell asleep on the couch.  After he woke up is when his sickness really kicked in!

Chance playing on the home made bowling alley using a marble and pencil erasers.

The kids worked up a HUGE appetite today!  You can see Thad sleeping on the couch in the background.

At this point, we still didn't know he was as sick as he was.  I thought he was just worn out!

I think every towel in the house was dirty!  This was the first and second loads of towels and clothes.

Thad wouldn't eat much of his dinner and ate a few grapes.
Thursday, the 4th:
Thad was sick enough to let grandma cuddle with him.  He was missing mommy for sure!

Araya is growing up so fast and has such a cute personality!

She has grown so much since we saw her at Christmas time.  She wouldn't have much to do with Tim and I at that time, but she made up to us quickly!


We were certainly glad to have Thad up and playing UNO with us and eating popcorn!

Friday, the 5th:
Getting ready to do some painting with water colors

I showed Araya what to do.....

And she did it!  :D  She mainly liked playing in the water with the brush.

She wanted the camera

She was saying, "Cheese!"  :D

Tim and I at Zoe's Grill for lunch.

My lunch for my sick belly

A cutie

Araya walks around with the phone in her hand saying, "Cheese!"
 
Hannah giving Araya some of her drink

A mommy and her girl!

Araya loved her new shoes!

Papaw helping her toes get back into the shoes.

She took her shoes off.....

And put mine on.

on the wrong feet, but they are on!  :D

Putting a sticker on mommy's nose

Papaw was next

She thought that was really funny stuff!  :D

Our little BULLette!  :D

Tim says the horns look demonic!  :D

This man loves his grandkids!
Tim was kissing all the "little" grandkids good night earlier in the week when Michael began to tease him by saying, "he kissed everyone but me!"  Tim started blowing kisses at him and left the room.  Michael said, "he still didn't do it!"  Tim came back and told Michael he was not going to kiss him!  :D  Michael just grinned!  Michael has been helping his grandpa lots this week.  He helped him put up the sports equipment for VBS and helped him with the dishes after dinner at night.  And he helped me whenever I asked him to do something.

Tomorrow we are going to Liz's for a cook out.  Sunday, Jessica will head back home.  Monday, Tim and I head to Boone for a retreat, which we need!  That is, if I get some clothes washed by then!  :D

Nite!

No comments: