Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, October 8, 2018

Happenings

It has been longer than I thought since I made a post.  So, let's catch up some.  I'll start from today and go backwards.  That way, if you get tired of reading, you can decide how far back you want to know my history! 

Today, Monday, October 8th
Today I turned 63 years "young."  I got that from a reliable source.....thanks, Brother Tom Ross!  :D
I'd like to say it was a good day, and it was, because the Lord allowed me to be alive, but I've had a headache for 2 days.  It was better than yesterday, however.  And I still spent quite a bit of time in the bathroom.

On the bright side......beauty in the clouds this evening on the way to Mallard Ridge Assisted Living.


Mark had the devotion tonight from Psalm 51. He talked about the joy of salvation, losing it and getting it back.  He did a good job!


Yesterday, Sunday, October 7th
I missed church all day today.  I woke up with a TERRIBLE headache!  The kind that throbs when you breathe!  Plus, I was sick on my stomach about half of the day and spent lots of time in the bathroom.  I literally was in bed all day.  I sat on the couch, feeling some better, after Mark got back from church in the evening.  But, I was ready for bed when the time came.  And I had no trouble going to sleep!  Thank You, Lord!

Saturday, October 6th
One of the ladies from church and I went to Boonville (west about 45 min. from here) because they were having a community-wide yard sale.  We had a great time of fun, food and fellowship!  We bought very little, but still had a wonderful time.  We visited some of the shops while we were there.  One shop had a neat idea of using old ties to re-seat chairs.  And, after I took a picture of the chairs to help me remember how to do it, I actually found a chair that I am going to use for Tim's ties.  Stay tuned for the outcome.  Here's the ladderback chairs we saw that gave me the idea.  This reminds me of Goldilocks and the Three Bears' chairs for momma, pappa and baby bear.  I can't wait to see how my chair turns out!

Friday, October 5th
We took a trip to Reidsville (north of us) to take some items to Mark's aunts (his mom's sisters) that belonged to his mom.  Plus, I had made a batch of chili, so we took some to them.  We rode on our new-to-us Goldwing motorcycle (more about that later).  It looked more and more like we were going to get wet, but we were blessed to be missed by the rain!  It was a more enjoyable ride back because the work traffic had dissipated!
The chili started out as a small batch, but I ended up making an entire batch because I had enough meat in it for such.  It was really good!

Here's the chili recipe if you want to try it:
Wendy's Chili (RecipeView.com)
Ingredients:
2 lb. ground beef
29 oz. tomato sauce
29 oz. kidney beans, with liquid
29 oz. pinto beans, with liquid
1 cup (medium onion) diced onion
1/2 cup green chili (2 diced chilies)**
1/4 cup (1 stalk) diced celery
3 medium tomatoes chopped**
2 tsp. cumin
3 Tbsp. chili powder
1 1/2 tsp. black pepper
2 tsp. salt
2 cups water

**(My variations:  I used two 14 oz. cans chopped tomatoes and one can of tomatoes with green chilies)

Directions:
Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat; drain off grease.  Using a fork, crumble the cooked beef into pea-size pieces (I smashed up the beef in a large pan of water and boiled the beef, stirring it often enough to keep the beef fine.  Then I strained the water off in a big colander.)

In a large pot, combine the beef plus all of the remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer over low heat.  Cook, stirring every 15 minutes, for 2 - 3 hours.

Note:  Try topping this with some freshly grated cheddar cheese and chopped onion.

Those clouds look unhappy!  Thank the Lord, the ones that had rain in them were away to our left!  We stayed dry!
Here's about the extent of my Fall decorating.  I have a couple of pots of mums hanging at the edge of the house and a few decorations in the house, but not a whole lot.


Thursday, October 4th
My brain has forgotten everything from this day (because I have no pictures to remind me!).

Wednesday, October 3rd
I moved stuff out of the spare room so I could begin cleaning the floor and baseboards so I could set up the bed that Mark and I brought into the house from one of the storage buildings out back.  I got frustrated when I realized the bed was too big for the room with it's scroll-type work at the head and foot, which takes up a lot of room!  The bed would fit, but you wouldn't be able to walk around it!
Picture showing the headboard leaning up against the wall and the side rail to see how it was going to fit in the room.

There's the footboard leaning up against the closet.  With the scroll work, there would be no room to walk around the bed.  Bummer!

We got gift cards from Bed, Bath and Beyond, so I went there in search of a light for hanging over the kitchen table, bathroom rugs and whatever else looked interesting.  I also saw these that I thought might be of use under the bathroom sink, but I didn't have any measurements to know whether I should buy them, so I took a picture so I would have the measurements to go by.  I still haven't measured under the sink.  I did find a rug and some kitchen items, but no light to hang above the table.  I did find one at Lowe's.  I also did some grocery shopping for the fellowship dinner at church tonight.


Tuesday, October 2nd
This afternoon, Mark and I went to his son's house to get my hair dyed.  He is going to cosmotology school like his mom.  He put the dye on my hair for me.  Then I rinsed it out, put on the conditioner and then washed that out and washed and dried and styled my hair while Mark was at the men's meeting at church.

Monday, October 1st
Mark and I picked up the bike we purchased from a man.  The man sold it because of his age and size compared to the bike and he really didn't ride it any more.  It is a 2007 Honda Goldwing and has just over 51,000 miles on it.  It is beautiful!
We took it out for a test ride.

The "couch" where I sit is so much more comfortable!
We are planning to take a trip to see Jessica and family this weekend.  It will be our first LONG trip, 6 hours without stops!  It will be interesting to see how I get church clothes packed up in this vehicle!  Not to mention clothes for 2 days and extra gear for all kinds of weather (rain and cooler temperatures are in the forecast!)

OK, that's as far back as I'm going to go, except that I'm going to post a picture of the dining room/kitchen floor for Kim.  Have a great week!
I added the leftover tile to the floor of the kitchen cabinets.

Dining room floor

Adding a sealer to the grout in the kitchen.  Already done in the dining room.

No comments: