Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Taking Chances?

I spent most of today with Ilene.  She wrecked her van this weekend, so I invited her to go grocery shopping and shopping for gifts for the Samaritan's Purse Christmas Shoe boxes with me today.  First we enjoyed breakfast at IHOP.


This is what we both had.  I haven't had French toast in forever!


After breakfast, we headed to Dollar Tree.  We must have been there an hour or more.  But, we got everything we needed for our shoe boxes.  And, I'm pretty sure, Ilene got twice as much as she needed to fill her boxes.

Next, we headed to Food Lion to get our groceries.  We took those home to her house first.  Put them away and then I loaded up some more stuff of mine from her house.  She had gotten a call while we were away about the rental car the insurance company is providing for her until her van is fixed, so I told her we would take my groceries home, put them away and head to Thomasville to pick up the vehicle.  But when she called Enterprise to find out about the car, they told her it wouldn't be ready until tomorrow.  So, I took her back home.

Then I went to the church so I could put up a new sign; one I got from a church near the house here, the Wallburg Baptist Church.  It says, "If the devil offers you a treat, it is a trick!"  A good one for this season.

While at the parsonage, I packed up some more books and brought them to the house to store in my shed.  Some of them are kids books, however, that I will bring in the house.

Mark grilled the chicken I bought today; skinless, boneless breasts that I cut into tenderloin-sized pieces.   All 6 breasts were grilled for use in our salads for dinner and other meals through the week.  It was delicious on the salad!  It was so beautiful outside today that we ate on the deck.



During dinner Mark mentioned taking the Indian out for a spin since it had been sitting for awhile without being run.  So after dinner we donned our riding gear and took a trip.  When we came back, Marked figured out how to change the suspension on our new Goldwing.  Then he wanted to take it for a test run to see if he could tell any difference.  I couldn't tell a whole lot of difference but he could tell in how the bike handled.  When we headed back towards the house he asked if I wanted to ride longer.  I said, "Sure!"  But as we passed the house we noticed the lights of the Equinox were on.  I had my keys in my pocket, so I assumed I had moved to somehow cause the button to unlock the car.  We turned around up the road so we could check it out.  After we pulled in the driveway, Mark was maneuvering the bike around so it was headed back out to the street when he lost control of it and the bike fell over.  He landed on my shin and then strained some muscles trying to upright the bike again, but the bike is OK.  And, come to find out, it was Mark's key to the car unlocking the Equinox every time I locked it again.  So I took his key and put it into the house.  Then we went back out for a short ride.

I told Mark I was glad we layed the bike down in our yard instead of out on the highway!  At one point during the last short ride, I had the thought, "the more rides we take, the more of a "chance" there is that we will have a wreck."  But, immediately the Lord reminded me that He is in control of chance.  He has our lives in His hands.  He is sovereignly ruling and reigning over His plan for each and everyone of us.  I'm glad He is in charge!  That way I don't have to worry and fret about the "chances" I take!

Here are some pictures I took during our riding tonight.




Lake Thom A Lex

Lake Thom A Lex

See our shadow?



A ride under the moon
Nite!  Praying you have a great week!

No comments: