Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, November 11, 2018

Feeling Old?

Age.  /āj/
noun
noun: age; plural noun: ages
1.
the length of time that a person has lived or a thing has existed.
"he died from a heart attack at the age of 51"
synonyms:
number of years, length of life; 
a particular stage in someone's life.
"children of primary school age"
the latter part of life or existence; old age.
"with age this gland can become sluggish"
(I love these.....) synonyms:
elderliness, old age, oldness, senescence, dotage, seniority, maturity; 
2.
a distinct period of history.
"an age of technological growth"
synonyms:
era, epoch, period, time, eon
"the Elizabethan age"
GEOLOGY
a division of time that is a subdivision of an epoch, corresponding to a stage in chronostratigraphy.
ARCHAIC
a lifetime taken as a measure of time; a generation.
"Nestor is said to have lived three ages when he was ninety years old"
INFORMAL
a very long time.
"I haven't seen her for ages"
synonyms:
a long time, days/months/years on end, an eternity, an eon; More
verb
verb: age; 3rd person present: ages; past tense: aged; past participle: aged; gerund or present participle: ageing; gerund or present participle: aging
1.
grow old or older, especially visibly and obviously so.
"you haven't aged a lot"
cause to grow, feel, or appear older.
"he even tried aging the painting with a spoonful of coffee"
(especially with reference to an alcoholic drink) mature or allow to mature.
"the wine ages in open vats or casks"
synonyms:
grow/become/get old, mature, (cause to) decline, weather, fade; More
determine how old (something) is.
"we didn't have a clue how to age these animals"


When I look at pictures of my first grandchild, I realize he is no longer a baby.  He is an adult!  A young adult, but an adult just the same.  That's when I feel my "elderliness, old age, oldness" kick in.  How can it be that I was telling my oldest daughter (yesterday??) that I was too young to be a grandma!  And now he is a Senior!  Oh, my!  Where have the years gone?

Our pastor back in the early 80's, Brother Robert Ginn, taught from the book of Revelation.  I made the comment to Tim that I didn't think Jessica, our oldest (momma to the "young adult") would be old enough to begin school before the Lord would return.  And here we are, 30+ years later, and Michael is getting ready to graduate from High School.  Some days I really feel old!

It is hard to imagine living 969 years like Methuselah did!  Further more, I don't believe I would want to live that long in this wicked world!  But, just like every single person who has ever lived, my days are numbered.  I cannot do anything to add to those days; the number only God knows.

Jessica took these pictures to count as Michael's Senior pictures.  I think they turned out great!  I'm not sure if she is finished or will be taking more at a later time.

LOVE this one!



Handsome guy!
My prayer for you, my dear grandson, is that you love the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding.  In ALL of your ways I pray you will trust the Lord and let Him lead your steps.  I pray you will keep Him in the center of your life!  I love you!  I'm thankful God gave me the opportunity to be your grandma!


Friday, Ilene and I did some running around and ate lunch at Olive Garden.  I so enjoy being in her company!



Aren't those trees gorgeous?!

I took this picture through the windshield.  Can you see the tree that is lying horizontally into the other tree?


Saturday, Elisabeth and family came up so Ryan could get some target practice in before he heads to WV with his dad to do some deer hunting next week.  So while the boys shot their guns, the girls went shopping.  We went to 3 or 4 Goodwills and a Mega Thrift and Hamericks.  But before we separated to do our "things" we went to lunch at Real Q here in Wallburg. 


Trying to figure out how to do a selfie by using my hand to signal the phone when to take the picture.  Let's just say, I still need to work on that!

Abby stayed behind with the boys.  We had a great time!  The sun was beautiful all day, but it was cold!

We had Mark's "adopted" grandson, Noah staying with us Friday night through Sunday evening.  Today we went to lunch at Ilene's.  Ilene's granddaughter, Katelyn and her fiancee, Joey stopped by.  They ended up playing Monopoly Deal (card game version of Monopoly) with Noah and Mark.  Ilene and I just talked and visited together.  We spent all afternoon with her, took her to church and then dropped Noah off at home on the way to drop Ilene off at home.  We ordered Chinese for dinner.

This will be a busy week.
Monday is Mallard Ridge services.
Tuesday is the widows' meeting in Statesville.
Wednesday church is called off.
Friday through Sunday is Revival.
Saturday morning the church is going to Golden Chorale for breakfast.

Would love to have you attend our Revival services if you are able!



Praying you have a wonderful week!

No comments: